Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configuration Error - Error 6 - Flash Builder 4 Plug In

Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon starting eclipse (after installing the fb4 plug in) I get a 'Configuration Error' error 6. Anyone have any ideas as to what this is and how to get over it. At the moment I cant even trial the software which I am evaluating for our company. I am not a flex / java dev so please assume an astounding level of ignorance! I have reinstalled several times and also tried with various different versions of Eclipse including the bundled option (which I do not particularly want to be forced to use anyway).... all of this to no avail. Version inf follows:-

OSX 10.6.1

Eclipse = Helios, latest release

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using a Carbon version of Helios? There aren't many of those posted (most are Cocoa), but I think the SDK distro is still offered in Carbon flavor.

If that alone doesn't help, try looking for your error in these tables:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/834/cpsid_83481.html

Though FB4 Plug-in is not exactly a CS5 app, it uses CS5 install/licensing libraries, so the same solutions would probably apply.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2010 Aug 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I forgot to mention I am using the Carbon Distro... In the end after a day of trying and general weird behaviour (even from the standalome install which just kept asking me to install a disk!) and a gloating co worker for whom it went on first time... I rebooted my mac and wadda ya know....one installed plug in.

Sometimes you just have to accept, your computer needs to make  monkey out of you for things to work correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2011 Feb 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, running OSX: 10.6.6 and Eclipse Ganymede. I installed the plugin a couple times, but still getting the Configuration Error - Error 6.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines