Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Existing PowerPoint audio

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking for instructions for converting existing audio files in a Powerpoint presentation. The Presenter software was installed after these narrated slides were created.

How do I convert the audio so that they will now be editable in Presenter?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 01, 2011 Mar 01, 2011

I'm not sure if you have had any success since your last posting but I did find this with a little Google search: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/extract-files-or-objects-from-a-powerpoint-2010-file-HA101821613.aspx

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter allows you to edit the audio right while in Presenter. There is an audio and video editor built into Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2011 Feb 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about the audio that was recording within PowerPoint. PowerPoint allows you to record your own narriation

. You can't edit that audio within the Presenter tab.

This audio doesn't seem to export with Presenter. I'm looking for a way to convert the audio so that Presenter can use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To gain access to the audio recorded within Power Point (and not Presenter) you will need to export the PPT as a web page (File -> Save As). It will create a folder with assets including .wav files for each of the slides. You can then edit these files in whatever program you choose or re-import them back into the PPT via Presenter's audio import function.

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea. However, the current version of PowerPoint 2010 took the save as webpage feature away for some reason.

I wonder if there is any other way to export out those old audio files or perhaps all audio will have to be re-recorded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2011 Mar 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you have had any success since your last posting but I did find this with a little Google search: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/extract-files-or-objects-from-a-powerpoint-2010-file-HA101821613.aspx

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2011 Mar 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

This will be helpful for those who don't want to re-record all of their narration.

It did take a few minutes to find out how to get Windows to display the extension name so that I could change it from .ppt to .zip but after that it worked perfectly.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2011 Mar 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is considered answered already, but I think I have another solution.  In the presenter tab, under audio, there is an import option.  Clicking import gives you the choice of importing from a file or importing from the PowerPoint itself.  I think this was what you were looking for.

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources