• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSL V3.0 client certificate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2006 Jul 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I connect to a web service that required SSL V3.0 client certificates using CFMX?

I'm trying to use a client certificate to connect via CFHTTP to a secure website and I'm getting a "403.7 - Forbidden: Client certificate required" error. I correctly installed the website cert using the instructions here:
http://www.talkingtree.com/blog/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=25AA75A4-45A6-2844-7CA3EECD842DB576

When I access the secure site using IE, I'm prompted to use the installed client certificate and then I am able to view the secure content without any 403 errors.

After continuing to research the issue, I read in this post that CFMX7.01 doesn't support SSL V3.0 protocol:
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/message.cfm/forumid:4/messageid:229870/step:0

Is anyone using SSL V3.0 client certificates with CFMX7.01? Is this an Adobe issue or java issue? Are there any work-arounds?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 06, 2006 Jul 06, 2006
CFX_HTTP5 worked great!

I just wish it was "well" known. I asked the question on a popular mailing list and got absolutely no response. I also googled for a couple hours and wasn't able to find anything. CFX_HTTP5 did the job and now I can finish what I started instead of telling my client that I found a mission critical issue that ColdFusionMX couldn't do.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known and tested work-around is to use CFX_HTTP5 instead of CFHTTP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
CFX_HTTP5 worked great!

I just wish it was "well" known. I asked the question on a popular mailing list and got absolutely no response. I also googled for a couple hours and wasn't able to find anything. CFX_HTTP5 did the job and now I can finish what I started instead of telling my client that I found a mission critical issue that ColdFusionMX couldn't do.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation