• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BAD PARAMETER Error when Deleting Pages in Acrobat

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempted to delete pages in Acrobat Standard, I received an information error stating:

Bad Parameter

When I try to click ok on the error message, it just keeps coming back over and over again. There is no way to get rid of the error message so I am forced to end the program using the Windows Task Manager.

Has anyone seen this error message before and if so, is there a fix?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
~Q

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same message when I delete pages, but it doesn't happen all the time. I am using Professional 7. Does anyone know why this happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these Acrobat created PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are PDFs created with the PDFmaker macro in Microsoft Word 2003 sp2 on Windows XP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2008 Feb 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had any luck with the reason for the Bad parameter error. We're now getting it when we try to save a file with password security. We can save without security but not if we apply security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2008 Apr 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem. Can someone shed some light on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was driving me crazy too, but the following finally solved the problem for me:

Go to Edit> Preferences> Security and uncheck "Verify signatures when the document is opened"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the "bad parameter" error when applying security still haunts me even after unchecking "verifyy signatures whe the document is opened". Any further thoughts?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Solved this problem by 'printing' a new PDF of original PDF through an Acrobat print driver (see .png attached). Not very technically minded - so perhaps someone could explain that a little more clearly. Turning off 'verify signatures' in preferences or 'Save as' to create a new PDF didn't work.

Vaun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - this worked for me (i.e. printing to a pdf file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is an incredably annoying error. I had a complete manuscript ready for print, except I needed to delete one page, which of course Acrobat would not let me. I had spent a considerable amount of energy on the page numbering, bookmarks etc., so creating a completely new PDF by for example printing to PDF was out of the question.

In the end, I ended up extracting all the pages in the document, except the one I wanted to delete. This way, I ended up with a new PDF, but all of the bookmarks, page number formatting, etc. migrated together with the extracted pages to the new document.

Hopefully, Adobe will be able to fix this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2010 Oct 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem except I can't extract either!!  I am running Window 7 and Acrobat 9 Pro.  Please tell me there is a fix somewhere, none of the other options worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows XP SP2 and I am getting the Bad Parameter error when trying to delete pages from a .pdf that I created in Acrobat 9 Pro. None of these suggestions have helped. Why isn't anyone from Adobe addressing this issue or at least advising the folks in this forum what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I am facing the problem of this error when trying to extract/delete/insert, Adobe Acrobat 9 pro, in a large document with linked header numbers, page numbers, etc. I

cannot afford to go back to Word to regenerate a PDF, because I am adjusting tag strucutures etc for 508 standards.

Adobe, what the heck does "bad parameter" mean, and how do I make my parameters good again so I can fix a tag tree on page 203 of a 205 page document? No time to fix it in source document!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no resolution-- only reporting that I have the same issues with Acrobat Pro 9.4.2 on Win7 with PDFs created from Word 2010-- and I want to get an auto e-mail if someone finds a soluiton. My issue: bad parameter inserting pages and can't apply security.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2011 Feb 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Win7, Office 2007 and Acrobat 9.4.2 Standard. After reading the entries here I tried the following:

Instead of using Word's Save as to save a Wod doc to .pdf which caused me the same "Bad parameter" error as everyone else, I printed to Adobe using Word's Print command. I now seem to be able to insert and delete pages at will with no "Bad Parameter" errors. Hope this helps someone else (and it continues to work for me).

...stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Stan. That worked for me, (in Word 2010, printing to the PDF printer).

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Stan.  This worked for me as well.  I'm using Word 2010, Acrobat

9 Pro. Now how do I give you credit for a great answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Client had her book typeset in Word (gawd!!!) and replacing pages in the pdf was impossible with Bad Parameters error. Found the workaround by exporting postscript file from the pdf created by Word and dragging and dropping onto Distiller, created a brand new ADOBE pdf and pages could be easily inserted and deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stan your idea worked for me as well. I seem to only get the bad parameter issue when Ièm inserting docs from our 'sister' company....pain in the rear but thanks again stan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines