• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp6 Broken Links in Generated PDF

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Robohelp 6. I have many internal hyperlinks in my system. When I generate a PDF file, my links are marked as links (blue and underlined) but seem broken - cannot be clicked. When generating a chm file the links work properly.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into your PDF SSL, click PDF Settings and check that Add links to Adobe PDF is ticked. Note: I have the full version of Acrobat installed. I seem to remember there's a pdf converter bundled with Robohelp, but I've never used it and am unsure if the options are different. Anyway, it's worth checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2011 Feb 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.

I have enabled exporting to PDF through the installation of Acrobat Elements. I do not think I have PDF SSL.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Amebr meant the layout from which you generate the printed document and where you have selected to generate a PDF.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's what I meant. Sorry for any confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I found the place in Robohelp 6:

• In the Project tab, select the Single Source Layouts folder, and  choose Printed Documentation. The  General page of the Print Document wizard appears.

• Select the Generate Adobe  PDF option. The PDF  Settings button is enabled.

Unfortunately the checkbox "Add Links to Adobe PDF" is checked... Any idea what I should do?

• Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, not sure. There's another hyperlink option "Retain hyperlinks" on the first page of the SSL wizard. Maybe that's not ticked.

Or maybe it's to do with your version of Word. We generate to Word, then to PDF and there was a problem with hyperlinks not working in the PDF when the links were in the header area. I think that was with Word 2003 and it seemed to be fixed in 2007. (I think those were the versions. I haven't look at this for a while.)

Apart from that I'm out of ideas for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again,

I looked and the checkbox and it is checked. I do however have Word 2003. The hyperlinks are not just in the headers though. Do you recommend installing 2007? Or is there any other step I can try before that?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Community Expert ,
    Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 6 won't work with Word 2007, unfortunately. And I'm fairly certain it was only a problem with links in the header/footer anyway.

Maybe the print doco SSL has become corrupted somehow. Try creating a new one - use New Layout, not Duplicate Layout as duplicating may just copy the problem.

You could also try generating to a different directory. e.g C:\TestPDF.

(Actually I just had a thought. Have the links only just broken in the PDF output? Or is this the first time you're trying to output to pdf and it has never worked?)

Message was edited by: Amebr. extra thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    New Here ,
    Mar 12, 2011 Mar 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amber,

The links have never worked.

I tried all the suggestions but no luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Resources
    RoboHelp Documentation
    Download Adobe RoboHelp