Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to manually set the Flash Player used by Flash Builder 4

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I launch my Flash app with no html wrapper, Flash Builder uses the standalone FlashPlayer.exe located in my Flash CS5 folder, and I don't want him to use this one (in order to use the debug version of Flash Player for example). How do I change that ?

I tried to change the default application used to open swf files (by doing a right click on an swf file>get Info>change the default app for all), but it didn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Builder 4 uses the OS file association to determine the standalone player location.

So if you want to change the player being launched, just change the default program association for .SWF files (Right click a SWF, say open with, choose the flashplayer.exe or flashplayerdebugger.exe you need, make sure "Always open this type of files with this program" is checked and hit OK).

In the next version of Flash Builder, there's an easy preference setting to change the player being launched.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, but as I said, I already tried to change windows default program, and it didn't work. But I manage to do otherwise (By replacing and renaming the FlashPlayer.exe Flash Builder was using by the one I wanted to use).

But anyway, i'm looking forward for this feature in the next Flash Builder version !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, that is because Flash Professional had a bug where it would re-associate SWF files to players in its sub-directory every time it launches.

P.S: You can try out the beta version of Flash Builder at labs.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines