Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Popups work in preview but not in compiled help

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Robohelp 8 and have been having problems displaying popups in my compiled help. When I view a topic that contains popup links in the WYSIWYG, I can preview the popup topics with no problem, but when I compile and click on a link that contains a popup, nothing happens. I get a warning in the bottom of the browser window that says "Error on page" with no further details. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to adjust. I have never had this problem before.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Adrienne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not mention which output you are generating. DId you try with a new project with just 2 topics, and adding a popup in the first topic and see if your issue persists or not.

thanks

Praful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am generating webhelp. This problem seems to be limited to this one project. A reinstall wasn't helpful either..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2011 Feb 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The popup functionality depends on the ehlpdhtm.js file. Years ago I had a large project where popups broke in topics that were heavily buried in a deep folder structure. I managed to make them work by amending the path to the js file so it was shorter. This also meant I had to copy the js file to the folder where the popups were broken.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2011 Feb 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've come across a similar thing to Rick. It's a good idea to make sure folder structure is as simple as possible. Personally I only use one level of folders within a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp