Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calibri disappeared from Fonts list

Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calibri and the other MS fonts that came out at the same time (Cambria, Constantia, etc)  have disappeared from the fonts list in my Formatting toolbar. Strangely, they still appear in the list in the Font dialog (Format > Font).

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the Fonts list?

I'm running Robohelp 8 on Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit.

Thanks,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formatting toolbar shows fonts sets present in the RoboHelp project. (Format->Font Sets)

"A font set is a collection of fonts to apply in style sheets or character and paragraph formatting. For example, you can create a font set with Verdana as the first font, and then (in order) Arial® and Sans Serif as substitute fonts. If users do not have Verdana installed, the viewer uses Arial and then Sans Serif."

Whereas the Font (Format->Font) dialog shows combined list of fonts on the system as well as font sets in the project.

Please verify if the font sets in your project has been modified/deleted. (You can do so by creating a new RoboHelp project and verifying if the required font appears in the formatting tool bar fonts dropdown for the new project). If it appears, then close RoboHelp project. Go to new project folder on the disk and copy rhfontset.apj file from new project to your current project. PLEAE NOTE that this will overwrite any existing modifications done in the font sets in your project.

I hope this resolves the issue.

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mayank,

Thanks, that did it. I did not actually copy the rhfontset.apj file from the new project to existing. I opened the format > Font Sets dialog and added additional fonts to Calibri. Not sure why Constantia et al came back since I didn't modify their font sets at all. Perhaps simply opening the dialog box was enough.

One further question. I had set up my font sets the old fashioned way in the CSS by specifying a collection of fonts in the "font-family" attribute for some styles, such as P. Wondering whether I need to be extra careful to make sure that the sequence of substituted fonts is the same in the font sets dialog as I had specified in the CSS? Will it cause a problem if those collections aren't identical? For example, I have Verdana, Calibri, Arial, Tahoma, Microsoft Sans Serif in the font-family of P. Will it matter if I selected, say, Tahoma before Arial in the font-set for Verdana?

Thanks for your help,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fonts in font set have the priority order defined as per the order of sequence in which they are placed in a font set. In other words if the font set is described in the order font1, font2, font3 and if font1 is missing, then font 2 will be picked.

In order to have uniform behavior the font sets should have the same order of fonts throughout the web pages. Different order can lead to non uniform fonts being used in case of missing fonts.

I hope this explains that one need to have fonts picked in the same order in font sets described through font sets dialog as mentioned elsewhere e.g. CSS.

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp