• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader for Mac OS 10.4.11

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to download a PDF off of my health insurance website (Anthem) and it is requiring that I have the latest version of Adobe Reader in order to do so.  I do not see a solution on here for how to get the latest Adobe Reader while running Mac OS 10.4.11 Intel.  What can I do?  Why won't it just let me download the form?  I don't even need to open it.  I just need to forward it to my dentist so I can get my medical insurance to pay for the teeth I broke in an accident.  Please help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the awesomely time-consuming and aggravating solution.  I found a PC which would allow me to view the PDFs but not download them for essentially the same money-grubbing reason.  So I'm going to print the forms, take them home, scan them, and create my own PDFs to forward to my dentist.  Sweet!  Thanks for the planned obsolescence and seventeen extra steps, Mac & Adobe.  Love you guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem you are having are due to your insurance company, not Adobe. There is nothing preventing your insurance company from allowing anyone to download forms. There is nothing stopping your insurance company for making the forms compatible with Acrobat 6 or higher. It is your insurance company making you jump through hoops. Which incidentally sounds like a typical insurance company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it that the website wants you to only have Adobe Reader X (10.0.1)?

For OS X 10.4.11, officially the latest Reader from Adobe is Adobe Reader 9.4.2. You can try installing Adobe Reader 9.4.2 from:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/mac/9.x/9.4.0/en_US/AdbeRdr940_en_US_i386.pkg.zip

Update it to latest version 9.4.2 from Help > Check for Updates after install. If the website still wants you to install Reader X, then it is the problem of Health Insurance website.

Thanks,

Karan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karan,

I tried downloading the version at your link below, but it tells me I need Mac OS 10.5 or later. The same problem occurs when I try the downloads from the webpage- the dropdown list offers 10.4.11 - 10.5, but when I download it, it then tells me it won't work because it needs 10.5 or later. Any suggestions - anywhere I can get an older version??

Thanks, Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the earliest version 10 of Reader for the Mac from here:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/mac/10.x/10.0.0/en_US/

Unfortunately, I have no idea if this will run under OS 10.4.11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but no, it doesn't work with 10.4. Is there a version 9 of Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah,

Just to confirm, for OS 10.4.11, download Reader 9.4.0 from link:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/mac/9.x/9.4.0/en_US/AdbeRdr940_en _US_i386.pkg.zip

The link given by Claudio González is that of Reader X (10.0). This is supported from 10.5 onwards. It will not work in 10.4.11. Also this link is for intel based macs. If you are using ppc, then use:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/mac/9.x/9.4.0/en_US/AdbeRdr940_en _US_ppc.pkg.zip

Also when you go to adobe website for download (http://get.adobe.com/reader) it will bydefault ask you to download Reader X. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THAT if you have OS 10.4.11. There is an option below to choose "Different language or Operating System?". Select that. In that use dropdown menu to choose version, select 9.4. This will work for you. The direct link to this page is - http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions

Use this link if ftp does not work for you.

Thanks,

Karan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all for your replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines