• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search Field dissapeared

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2006 Jul 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that my search field in the main toolbar is missing. I have a custom company logo where the "Powered by RoboHelp" used to be and increased the height of the toolbar. Any ideas how I can get it back??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2006 Jul 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forums skoldpadda. Have you checked that your custom company logo isn't so big that it is hiding the search tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, don't think it is the logo, it is only 48x48px. I created a new project using the same settings and placed the logo in, works fine, search field is there. I have cross referenced all files and see nothing missing. I am at a complete loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things you can try. Does the search button appear when you use the Preview button in the skin editor? You may also be causing the problem by increasing the size of the toolbar. Do likewise on your test project and see if the same behaviour repeats itself there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

s.......,

Near the end of the output file whskin_tbars.htm you should see something like this:

addButton("toc",BTN_TEXT,"Contents","","","","",0,0,"","","","","","");
addButton("idx",BTN_TEXT,"Index","","","","",0,0,"","","","","","");
addButton("fts",BTN_TEXT,"Search","","","","",0,0,"","","","","","");
addButton("searchform",BTN_TEXT,"","","","","",0,0,"","","","","","");
addButton("custom7279", . . . . .

and near the top of whstart.js you should see, depending on their order,

var gsToolbarOrder = "custom7279|toc|idx|fts|blankblock|searchform";

If "searchform" is not there, you have a problem in generating the skin. If it is there, you have a display problem.

If it's not there, I'd suspect the WebHelp "Single Source Layout." Recheck the layout to be sure you are calling for the search form in the toolbar. If you are, delete the layout and create a new one. Another way is to delete its .ssl file in the RH project folder (project must be closed), reopen RH and re-create the layout.

My guess is that searchform is there, but something is forcing it down past the bottom of the toolbar.

Where and how are you changing the height of the toolbar?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The search button does appear in the preview, whskin_tbars.htm has what it should and whstart.js as well. Not sure what is going on but I decided to go ahead and start over.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp