• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete the old index? Set a new one as the default.

Enthusiast ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project where about a thousand topics were moved into a different help file. This results in a ton of empty index entries in my current project. I'm creating a brand new index and have set the build layout to use the new one. Is there a way to delete the old index from within RH?

I see a delete item on the right-click shortcut menu for the index I want to delete. But it's grayed out, presumeably because it's the default index. So I think I need to set the new index as the default, right? Where would I do that?

RH 7 (with latest patch)

Windows 7 64-bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right click on your new index there is an option to make that the default. Then the delete option should be available on the old index.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that option only came in RoboHelp 8.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. But, I don't see any "Set as Default" option when right-clicking. I vaguely remember fixing something like this in the past, but not sure. I tried manually removing the HHK file from the software, but the deleted index still technically remains inside the project manager albeit with a red X. Is there a registry setting or something that I can use to remove it? It's not a huge deal if I have to keep it around, just bugs me that I have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't you:

1. Open new_index.hhk in Notepad.
  2. Select All > Copy.
  3. Open old_index.hhk in Notepad.
  4. Select All > Paste.

Then, just delete new_index.hhk.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I could do that. I thought of doing that right after I posted the above. Just wondering if there was a different way. Maybe not. Thanks for the responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter Grainge and Leon are both correct. With RH 7, you cannot set up a default index. You will have to manually do it as suggested by Leon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp