• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Server 9 - Unable to publish

Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have installed the trial version of Robohelp Server 9.

When I check http://localhost:8080/robohelp/ it shows RHServer has been successfully created.

When I check http://localhost:8080/robohelp/server/ it shows Invalid or Expired license.

Please help.

Also when I try to publish my "Browser based help" from Robohelp HTML to the server, it fails. I am guessing for the same reason.

Thanks!

Desijaise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Desijaise and welcome to the forums.

Let me try and sort this out.

First, regarding the "Invalid or Expired license" issue. Had you already installed a trial version on that machine more than 30 days ago? The trial is good for 30 calendar  days. It could be that you installed it several weeks ago and  are just now getting around to publishing. This would be unfortunate  because I'm not aware of any way to reinstall it after the time runs out  without calling Adobe's customer support. (The trial of RoboHelp Server  9 and RoboHelp, the authoring application are two completely separate  items each with their own time limits.)

Give us a  little more information. For your trial are you setting it up on a local  desktop or Windows laptop (which is perfectly fine?) What operating system? Windows 7 (32 or 64  bit), Windows 2003 Server, etc.

The first time you  install RH Server 9, you should open a web browser and put in this  address (you can do this even if you have not published anything yet.)

http://localhost:8080/robohelp/admin (admin, not server as you indicated)

This should bring up the Web Administrator application. Type in the default admin / admin for the username / password.

That should then bring up the first screen of the application. If this comes up, then all is well and you can publish your first project using the WebHelp Pro single source layout.

If  this does not work (because of the trial license expiration) I'm not  sure what to tell you next without some more information.

Meanwhile you can consult these two resources:

The online help file for RoboHelp Server 9:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/roboengine/index.html

The Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 Reviewer's Guide

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/robohelpserver/pdf/AdobeRoboHelpServer9_Reviewers...

Second, as for as for the Browser-based help to the server failing. Are you using the WebHelp Pro (or FlashHelp Pro) single source layout and is it set to the Primary Layout? This is the correct method.

However, if you mean, Browser-based "AIR Help," that is not the correct method for publishing to the RH Server.

Let us know more about what process you have gone through to this point and we'll try to help.

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Evergreen, Colorado
www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, regarding the "Invalid or Expired license" issue. Had you already installed a trial version on that machine more than 30 days ago?

Nope this is a brand new install, the trial version is valid for 23 more days....

This is set up on my local windows laptop.

When I try to http://localhost:8080/robohelp/admin (admin, not server as you indicated), I get "Login Error - Invalid or expired license".

Second, as for as for the Browser-based help to the server failing. Are you using the WebHelp Pro (or FlashHelp Pro) single source layout and is it set to the Primary Layout? This is the correct method.

However, if you mean, Browser-based "AIR Help," that is not the correct method for publishing to the RH Server.

I am using Robohelp HTML 9, to generate "Browser Based Help" and am providing the server details for my local tomcat 7 installation.

All your help is appreciated!! ( My goal is to create a demo for my team for "Browser Based Help").

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I'm still not understanding.

You keep saying "Browser-based help"? There is no single source layout by that name. My point earlier is that you need to verify that you are using WebHelp Pro to publish to the RoboHelp Server. This of course is browser-based help, but what is confusing me is that there is such a thing as AIR Help which is browser based which is NOT compatible with RoboHelp Server, so I'm just trying to clarify that you are using the correct Single Source Layout in your attempt to publish to the RH Server.

Can you please verify that you have read and follow the installation process from the Online Help link that I sent. Also, please tell me the OS you are using on your laptop. (Win XP? Win Vista? Win 7? 64 bit? 32 bit?)
The more you tell us, the better we can respond.

I am still puzzled by the expiration, but before I sort that out, I need you to answer some of these other questions.
Feel free to use screenshots using the little "camera" icon in the your message toolbar if you think it will help.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

John

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the fact that when you try the admin login you're getting an error means that something's not installed correctly. I would remove it all & try it again. Check with Adobe Support if you run into any issues - install calls are free.

Next - what SSL are you attempting to use when generating your "browser based help"? That's what John was asking - there are several flavours of "browser based help" possible in RH: WebHelp, WebHelp Pro, FlashHelp, FlashHelp Pro, AIRHelp (locally installed), AIRHelp (browser based). Which one are you trying to use? RH Server works with the "Pro" versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Desijaise

Your post is blank. This can happen when replying by email. You will need to enter your reply direct to the forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp