Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about CFBuilder

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using Dreamweaver but I decided to try out CFBuilder, having been attracted to the idea of introspection of CFCs inside CFB.  However, a few things are not working as I expected.

1.  If I use cfinvoke or new myComponent() syntax, I get a drop down list of all the available components.  However, when I use createobject("component", "myComponent") there is no drop down list.

2.  After I create a new CFC, I don't see it in the component drop down list.  The CFC only shows up if I close and restart CFB.  Is there a setting I should set up?  It would be quite annoying if I have to restart CFB each time I create a new CFC.

3.  I set in Preference to automatically insert closing tag.  However, the insertion is very uneven.  Sometimes I get closing tags sometimes I don't.  For instance typing <cfoutput> does not give me </cfoutput> automatically.

4.  In Code Assist, when I highlight the selection I want from the drop down menu, I have to hit 'Enter' to have CFB complete the code.  I am used to hitting 'Tab' (from Dreamweaver and Visual Studio.)  Is there a way to change from 'Enter' to 'Tab'?

5.  Also, the Code Assist does not work all the time.  When I type a cf tag, sometimes I get the list of attributes sometimes I don't.  I am not sure why I am getting such inconsistent service.

6.  Finally, can I set a shortcut key for me to escape double quotation?  For example, if I type <cffunction name="", I'll get the double quotes (as per my preference).  Once I am done typing in the function name (eg. <cffunction name="myFunction" ), the cursor will be just before the closing double quote.  Is there a way to set the short cut so that if I hit 'Enter' or 'Tab', the cursor will be moved to the end of the line?  Right now I have to use the right-arrow.

I would appreciate some help on my problems.  So far, I am not too crazy about the text editor.  But I really like the ability to access my components and database tables directly, so I am going to persevere with CFB.

Thanks,

ML

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2011 Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bumps for question #5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2011 Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

5.  Also, the Code Assist does not work all the time.  When I type a cf tag, sometimes I get the list of attributes sometimes I don't.  I am not sure why I am getting such inconsistent service.

bumps for question #5

I feel that it's because CFB v1.0 was released prematurely and is... well... flaky.  There's no more polite explanation than that.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation