Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACSM files not read by ADE

Feb 28, 2011 Feb 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several months ago I bought some digital books in the ACSM format, so I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions to read them. Now, ADE does not recognize the ACSM format, only epub and PDF. My portable reader will read epub books, I need to be able to read ACSM format, or convert them to epub. How can I transport them to my reader????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2011 Feb 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The .acsm file isn't the book, it is a purchase token that you hand in to get the book (kind of like a coat check ticket).  To turn it in you need to open it up using ADE, which does indeed recognize ACSM file, and it will complete the rest of the process.

However if you did not do this directly after downloading the .acsm file you will have problems doing it know because the ACSM files will have expired, so I would suggest that you contact the book seller to get new download links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines