Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculated fields to a website

Former Community Member

I have made several decimal fields which have calculation scripts in, that add up totals in columns and net totals etc.

Is there a way for these fields to be transferred to a website, complete with the scripts in them?

4 Replies

Former Community Member

I do not understand ....you can put the PDF on the web site and it can be opened and th eformulas will work ...but what do you mean by transferring the fields (with formulas) to the web site?

Paul

Former Community Member

Whoops, sorry I missed out part of my original question.

I was looking at the XML source of the form I was making, and was wondering if its possible to transfer the xml of the fields and formulas and add them into a website? For example is it possible to take the actual code out of the scripts I am making, or will the website not recognise it because the xml is specifically related to adobe?

I apologise if this is quite incoherent, it's much harder to describe it when typing.

Former Community Member

No the xml will not be understood by a web page. You woudl need an XFA interpretter to be able to do that. Currently only LiveCycle products can do that.

If this is a big project there is a server based product called LiveCycle Forms that will interpret that XML and translate it into HTML in real time.

Hope that helps

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks very much for your help, I will look into these products to see if one suits what I need