• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Optimizer - which feature kills index cross-links?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot figure out which checkbox is destroying my index links in the PDF Optimizer. I need to reduce size to make my bookmarked, cross-linked book small enough to email, but without losing the functionality of these links, which are a legacy of having been prepared as an InDesign Book, with index and TOC entries. I have made sure to uncheck "Discard bookmarks" but the link capabilities are still wiped out.

Does anyone here know which option under Discard Objects or Discard User Data or Clean Up is responsible for removing this capability?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I figured out my own answer by the art of adding one optimization feature at a time.

This option, under Discard User Data, is the one that kills the index links:

Discard all comments, forms & multimedia.

Thanks Adobe for your highly descriptive option name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped, but I noticed (in my case) on CS4 for Mac, that this only saved a few hyperlinks. To be specific it only saved the hyperlinks for text that matched the link.

For example, if I wrote, "click here" and then added a link to that phrase, that disappears even with that option checked when I try to open it with Preview.app on a Mac. This was also true if I added a link to an image, that would disappear even with that option unchecked during the optimize pdf part.

Any other suggestions for which other puzzle piece I need to remove to make all hyperlinks work after an optimization?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2011 Mar 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone find the solution to the loss of internal hyperlinks that have been re-named?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines