• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question on Whether to Check Frame Blending & Use Previews in AME

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2011 Mar 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, When I export a project for transcoding, there are 3 boxes at the bottom of the menu selctions. One is "Use Maximum quality." I ckeck that. I am unsure as to whether I should check, "Use Previews," and of "Use Frame Blending?" I am encoding Mpeg 2, 1080p, Max quality, 80 frame rate.

Thanka Roman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use preview files should not be used. Frame blending should only be used in specific situations that require interlaced material to be exported as progressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
"Use Previews"

No. That's only if you want to use rendered previews as the source for your encodes. About 99.99% of the time, you don't want that; it will result in lower quality exports, as you're using "precooked" files.

"Use Frame Blending?"

Depends. This is a global switch that you may or may not want to use when your export has a different frame rate that your source sequence/footage. It forces frame interpolation (blending) using two or more discrete frames to create new frames. The exact times you'd want this vary depending on your destination and preferred output look.

The help docs say this about Frame Blending:

Select Use Frame Blending to create smoother motion by blending adjacent frames when output frame rate doesn’t match input frame rate.

Smoother motion, yes. Blurry video, sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines