• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4 Burrito suddenly won't open

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I got Flash Builder Buritto at Adobe Max  and havn't touched it in a while.  I wanted to play with it a bit today, and when I tried to open it, the Eclipse Helios logo popped up, instead of Flash Builder 4 Burrito, and then suddenly closed again without any notification or warning.  I have tried this multiple times and it just won't open.

I currently have Flash Builder 4 Premium and Flex builder 3 professional installed on my computer in 2 different places from the burrito instilation.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Avi,

Are you on Mac or Win? Also, when you tried launching were you double-clicking an application, or running it from the Start Menu or Taskbar?

In any case, try looking in the amt3.log file for clues. More on that here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/834/cpsid_83481.html

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I am on a windows 7 machine, and I tried to open the program from the start menu using the windows key and they typing in the application name.

two things... Firstly, I could not find a amt3.log file.  However I did find a file named just .log and it had the following text in it.

!SESSION 2011-02-24 09:18:49.821 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=I20100608-0911

java.version=1.6.0_16

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -clean

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-02-24 09:19:12.062

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4109)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3998)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3969)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:468)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.createHandle(Control.java:633)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.createHandle(Composite.java:305)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.createWidget(Control.java:649)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Scrollable.createWidget(Scrollable.java:134)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.<init>(Control.java:110)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Scrollable.<init>(Scrollable.java:75)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.<init>(Composite.java:95)

at org.eclipse.ui.splash.BasicSplashHandler.getBundleProgressMonitor(BasicSplashHandler.java:159)

at org.eclipse.ui.splash.BasicSplashHandler.getContent(BasicSplashHandler.java:265)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.splash.EclipseSplashHandler.init(EclipseSplashHandler.java:86)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$8.run(Workbench.java:781)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createSplashWrapper(Workbench.java:797)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2456)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2427)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:670)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:663)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlashBuilderApplication.start(FlashBuilderApplication.java:102)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)

!SESSION 2011-02-24 09:19:39.684 -----------------------------------------------

java.version=1.6.0_16

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -clean

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-02-24 09:19:54.015

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4109)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3998)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3969)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:468)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.createHandle(Control.java:633)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.createHandle(Composite.java:305)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.createWidget(Control.java:649)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Scrollable.createWidget(Scrollable.java:134)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.<init>(Control.java:110)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Scrollable.<init>(Scrollable.java:75)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.<init>(Composite.java:95)

at org.eclipse.ui.splash.BasicSplashHandler.getBundleProgressMonitor(BasicSplashHandler.java:159)

at org.eclipse.ui.splash.BasicSplashHandler.getContent(BasicSplashHandler.java:265)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.splash.EclipseSplashHandler.init(EclipseSplashHandler.java:86)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$8.run(Workbench.java:781)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createSplashWrapper(Workbench.java:797)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2456)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2427)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:670)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:663)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlashBuilderApplication.start(FlashBuilderApplication.java:102)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)

I will keep looking for other logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the amt3.log file, and none of the errors on the page you listed showed up in the file.  Most of the log was references to my flash builder 4 and cs5 launches which are working fine.

edit: Something worth noting. In the amt3.log file there is a break in dates/time..

2011-02-24 09:18:38 [2192]  ALM: _info_: End ALM

2011-02-24 09:18:38 [2192]  performance: AMTReleaseProductLicense took 46.908688 ms

2011-02-24 09:18:38 [2192]  AMT: END SESSION.

2011-02-24 09:23:28 [7292]  AMT: START SESSION, library version 3.0.0.64,3.0

2011-02-24 09:23:28 [7292]  AMT: Initializing C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\

2011-02-24 09:23:28 [7292]  AMT: Adobe License Manager version 3.2 (build 64.0) RELEASE

If you look above you will notice that the time when I couldn't luanch burrito fits right in that time slot.   So it seems to be crashing before AMT even begins.

Message was edited by: Avi Kessner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2011 Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avi, from the latest log you posted it appears that you may be running into the handles error described in this eclipse bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=211124

If you read down to the bottom of that bug report, there's a proposed workaround that involves increasing your desktop heap limit, described in this link:

http://journals.jevon.org/users/jevon-phd/entry/19833

Please let us know if that approach helps for your configuration.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 01, 2011 Mar 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue as Avi Kessner, my .log file has the same error information

!SESSION 2011-03-01 16:31:51.390 ----------------------------------------------- eclipse.buildId=M20100909-0800 java.version=1.6.0_24 java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc. BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -vm c:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -clean -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -vm c:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-03-01 16:31:58.843 !MESSAGE Application error !STACK 1 org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles      at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4109)      at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3998)      at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3969)

I've increased the desktop heap value in Windows XP registry as suggested as MSDN article http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ntdebugging/archive/2007/01/04/desktop-heap-overview.aspx, but no luck.

Going to reinstall Flash Builder 4 Burrito from a scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading down further in the longer stack trace posted earlier, the error appears related to the eclipse splash handler.

There was an old handles bug connected with the eclipse splash handler, that was fixed in Eclipse 3.3.1, so this might be a new manifestation of that problem:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=188091

I'll alert our Dev team, to see if they can find the source of the current problem.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me the bundled eclipse version of your installed FB. Have you installed an eclipse update using the "Search for update" option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried extending my desktop heap but no luck.

I don't know which version of eclipse is being used for flash builder burrito 4.5 as it won't open.  However I get an eclipse splash screen, not a flash builder one, and it just says Eclipse: Helios

However, my flex builder 3 install is Version: 3.3.1.R33x_r20070802-8y8eE8sEV3Fz0z0GlHJrXvTAUS

Build id: I20070625-1500

And my flash builder 4 install is

Version: 3.5.1.R35x_v20090910-9gEeG1_FthkNDSP2odXdThaOu9GFDPn83DGB7

Build id: M20090917-0800

I will try a clean install when I have time as well.

I've installed a bunch of plugins like Author Oxygen, Flex PMD, Flex Formatter and a few others, so It's possible I've updated my eclipse but I'm never did it explicitly.  However none of the plugins were installed in Flash Builder Burrito 4.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the following steps. (The files and folders mentioned below is releative to Flash Builder installed folder)

1)FlashBuilder.ini

Update the launcher.library argument

From

--launcher.library eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.0.v20100503

To

--launcher.library eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.1.R36x_v20100810

2)configuration/config.ini

Update osgi.framework argument

From

osgi.framework=file\:plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.6.0.v20100517.jar

To

osgi.framework=file\:plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.6.1.R36x_v20100806.jar

3)eclipse\configuration\config.ini

Remove osgi.splashPath=platform\:/base/plugins/org.eclipse.platform

Update eclipse.application argument

From

eclipse.application=org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench

To

eclipse.application=com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlashBuilderApplication

Update eclipse.product argument

From

eclipse.product=org.eclipse.platform.ide

To

eclipse.product=com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.producte36

4)Replace eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.1.R36x_v20100810/eclipse_1309.dll with the FB version (Present in the eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.0.v20100503 folder before update).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2011 Mar 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, a few small propblems.

I changed the .ini files as you suggested but then I hit some roadblocks.

1. Step 3 allready had the "new values" you suggested.

2. Step 3, I could not find any values for the "splashPath" argument

I ran the program and hit the same problem...

*new question... was I supposed to be doing this to my current flash builder 4 installed folders, or my flash builder 4 burrito installed folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2011 Mar 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ avi: check up in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\eclipse.ini the eclipse version has been installed e.g.

**********************************************************************************************

-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.1.R36x_v20101122_1400.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.2.R36x_v20101222

**********************************************************************************************

instead 3.6.1.R36x_v20100806.jar as in unnigs example, and follow unnigs described steps 1.) to 3.) I didn't have to replace the .dll file from step 4.)

Flash Buritto logo pop up and FB works again.

@unnigs: I have installed the eclipse update using the "Search for update" option in FB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@juliannewa :Thanks for clarifying the steps. The path specified in the arguments should be a valid one (proper versions can be found in eclipse.ini). 4th step is optional.

@avi : I hope that you are able to use FB burrito now. The issue here is with the eclipse update, FB standalone version does not support the eclipse update installed using "Search for update"(You can install the updates for the other plugins which you have installed but not the base version of eclipse). If you want to use latest version of eclipse please use the plugin installer to plugin FB to desired version of eclipse.

Refer the Bug : http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FBG-2515

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Windows 7 and just did the latest Java Update from the normal annoying little Java update reminder thingy.

Now  Burrito will not load and gives me the Eclipse Helios splash screen.

I took a look at your instructions, and went to edit the ini file but I can't save it.  The file is not read only but the directory is set to read only.  So I set that to not read only and the only choice I had was to do all the files in the folder.  So I did and waited patiently to do the 12000 files or whatever - wow - you guys are working.  And... I still can't edit it and the Burrito folder is still read only and I am an administrator so what gives?  My Program Folder (x86) is also read only and the only option to turn that off is setting all files inside to not read only.  Well... I really don't want to do that.

So... can you give me a better way - I really want to get working.

I looked into rolling back my Java - or my eclipse and all I get are Web pages of crap I have no idea about.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Are you using the copy of eclipse bundled with FB4 Burrito, or are you plugged into your own custom copy of eclipse?

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your speedy reply - and all the years of most excellent software!

I was using the bundled version I guess.

I managed to update those ini files by dragging them out of the directory, editing them and putting them back in so I tried out the instructions above.  I then started getting an immediate little white pop up saying it could not find some sort of resource - can't remember.

So I did an uninstall and reinstall.  Last time I just did the reinstall and it did not help.  This time, with an uninstall, shutdown, restart and install I am in!

To recap... I installed flashbuilder_burrito_287807.exe and ran it for a week.  Today, I said yes to an average Java update.  Then when I started Burrito, it gave me the generic eclipse Equinox screen and that's it.  I uninstalled with Windows uninstall, shut down, and reinstalled and it works.

Love the tool by the way!  Just building a really nice a Playbook app called Rank - like a mini spreadsheet with totals.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crudly - it looks like I have spoken too soon.  I closed down Burrito and now when I go to start up again, it is the eclipse Helios Screen and nothing (that's what it was before - I mistakenly called it Equinox in my last message - it was Helios).  I tried from the start menu and from the program files exe.

So... any suggestions?  One thing I could not quite figure out when I tried the instructions here was whether these paths will be different for people depending on their Java / eclipse install or whatever.  As mentioned, when I set them to what you suggested it could not find things.  I tried the various solutions listed.  Please let me know if you need anything from me to help solve the case.

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my original unedited files that @unnings suggested to look at.  I tried modifying them again and it did not work.  I get the message:  The FlashBuilder executable launcher was unable to locate its companion library. I get this error after step 1).

FlashBuilder.ini

-clean
-startup
eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
--launcher.library
eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.0.v20100503
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-nl
en_US
-vmargs
-Xms256m
-Xmx512m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-XX:PermSize=64m
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins.directory=eclipse/dropins
-Declipse.application=com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlashBuilderApplication

configuration/config.ini

#This configuration file was written by: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.frameworkadmin.equinox.EquinoxFwConfigFileParser
#Fri Jul 30 17:13:05 PDT 2010
org.eclipse.update.reconcile=false
eclipse.p2.profile=epp.package.java
osgi.instance.area.default=@user.home/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito Preview
equinox.use.ds=true
osgi.bundles=reference\:file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.200.v20100503.jar@1\:start
org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl=file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
osgi.framework.extensions=
osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel=4
eclipse.p2.data.area=file\:p2/
osgi.configuration.area=@user.home/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito Preview/cascaded/287807/configuration
osgi.shared.configuration.area=file\:configuration
osgi.configuration.cascaded=true

eclipse/configuration/config.ini

#This configuration file was written by: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.frameworkadmin.equinox.EquinoxFwConfigFileParser
#Fri Jul 30 17:13:05 PDT 2010
org.eclipse.update.reconcile=false
eclipse.p2.profile=epp.package.java
osgi.instance.area.default=@user.home/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito Preview
equinox.use.ds=true
osgi.bundles=reference\:file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.200.v20100503.jar@1\:start
org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl=file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
osgi.framework.extensions=
osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel=4
eclipse.p2.data.area=file\:p2/
osgi.configuration.area=@user.home/Adobe Flash Builder Burrito Preview/cascaded/287807/configuration
osgi.shared.configuration.area=file\:configuration
osgi.configuration.cascaded=true

for reference: eclipse/eclipse.ini (seems to be the same as the FlashBuilder.ini)

-clean
-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.0.v20100503
-nl
en_US
-vmargs
-Xms256m
-Xmx512m
-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins.directory=dropins

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems to me that there is something wrong in the eclipse.ini, I mean it shows the older version.

in eclipse/.eclipseproduct you'll find the installed eclipse version

for ref. my eclipse/.eclipseproduct :

name=Eclipse Platform

id=org.eclipse.platform

version=3.6.1

check the installed version in the "eclipse/plugins/" folder.

a search for "org.eclipse.equinox.launcher." should show you the installed versions.

for ref. my search:

fbb.png

in the eclipse.ini you should than find the newest file and folder. for ref. my eclipse.ini:

-clean
-nl
en_US
-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.1.R36x_v20101122_1400.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.2.R36x_v20101222
-product
org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256M
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256m
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-vmargs
-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins.directory=dropins
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5
-Xms256m
-Xmx512m

if you have to make changes, dont forget to  first backup your files.

if the found version is the same as in your eclipse.ini than you have to  follow unnigs described steps 1.) to 3.) to make changes.

otherwise replace in the eclipse.ini  the newest found version in the pluggins folder and follow unnigs described steps 1.) to 3.) - it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my eclipse/.eclipseproduct it says:

name=Eclipse Platform
id=org.eclipse.platform
version=3.5.0

In my eclipse plugins I have only these two launcher files:

org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.0.v20100503

org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar

I am not sure really what I am supposed to do - sorry and thanks for your help.

Also - why would my files be any different? I just downloaded the files from Adobe two weeks ago and the Burrito page says the last update was October 2010.   I don't get it.  Would it make a difference to uninstall, download the files again and reinstall?  I did a previous uninstall and reinstall but I used the same download from two weeks ago.

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 12, 2011 Mar 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uninstalled and reinstalled the same zip from before.  Seems to be running fine now even with shutdowns and start ups.  Will let you know if it reverts but so far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dan,

Looks as if the original problem you were experiencing is not the one addressed by Unni's workaround. Unni was describing a fix to use if you've updated eclipse 3.6.0 (or eclipse 3.6.1) to eclipse 3.6.2.

However, from the version info you posted, I think you're running eclipse 3.6.0, that was bundled with Burrito's MAX Preview release last year. [Aside: there was a bug in the .eclipseproduct file that eclipse.org released with the eclipse 3.6.0 packages, where it read 3.5.0 as you described - they fixed that in eclipse 3.6.1.] Assuming that you're really using eclipse 3.6.0, then updating your ini files to use the eclipse 3.6.2 settings that Unni and Julianne described will make things worse for your installation, so you'll probably want to revert those back to the settings that were installed originally.

For your scenario, it might be easier to uninstall, and then re-install the MAX Preview. As a matter of habit, I routinely reboot before the uninstall, and then reboot again before re-installing.

Let me know how it goes,

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines