• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue screen of death while installing any Adobe Air application

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to install an Air application I get a  Blue Screen and then my system restarts.

I cannot even take a screenshot  of it.

This happens with every air application I try to install.

I also searched for the same on Adobe forums and found the same problem being faced by someone else.

His problem was resolved by uninstalling a software named "Folder Lock".

I searched my hard disk for this software and found one, so I deleted  that software (shift+delete) and removed all it's traces from registry  too but that still doesn't solved the problem.

I also tried disabling the antivirus software and then install the air application but this also didn't helped.

I was able to install air applications earlier, but now I can't.

Anybody having same sort of problem. One colleague of mine is also having the same problem.

Please help me out.

My system's config is as follows:
Windows XP Home sp3
Flash Builder 4, with SDK 4.1, 3.5 installed in it.
Adobe Air v 2.5
1.5 GB RAM
1.66 MHz processor

Thanks

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your AIR install.  I took a look at the Folder Lock documentation and it looks like you'll need to use their control panel to delete the application.  Since you've already partially uninstalled it you might have to reinstall the latest version to fully clean your system.

http://www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock/howto/uninstall-folder-lock.html

Could you try uninstalling using those directions and then try again?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello chris,

Thank you for taking out your time to solve my problem.

I did all the steps mentioned in that link i.e. installed folder lock and uninstalled it from it's options only.

But it didn't solve my problem.

Here is the screenshot of the Blue Screen Of Death that I was presented while the application was being installed.

The BSOD appeared while the application install progress is shown to the end user.

Adobe-app-install-bsod.jpg

I hope this will help you get more insight of the issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Folder Lock didn't fully uninstall.  I googled windrvNT.sys and from everything I've seen this is a Folder Lock driver.  Could you go into your Windows/System32 folder and look for this file?  If you find it, rename it to something like windrvNT.bak and reboot.  After rebooting, check to see if a new windrvNT.sys file was created, hopefully it wasn't.  If it's not present, give the AIR install another try.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

You are right, I found that file. The file "windrvnt.sys" belonged to the folder lock version 5.9 and I installed version 6.0 which couldn't delete that file.

I have now renamed that file and everything is working fine now.

Thanks for your help and support.

I can install air applications now. 🙂

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines