• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I need the 'java-polling-amf in my services-config.xml if I'm using coldfusion

Enthusiast ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need the 'java-polling-amf in my services-config.xml if I'm using coldfusion?

Im using IntelliJ IDEA with a flex project and for some reason its stopping comilation with this error:

[SUITE (Flex Application 1)] flex.messaging.config.ConfigurationException: The services configuration includes a channel-definition 'java-polling-amf' that has an endpoint with a context.root token but a context root has not been defined. Please specify a context-root compiler argument.

when I was using flex builder with CF builder I never needed to specify the context.root

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use IDEA, so I don't know what kind of configuration settings it has for Flex project development.

You don't need the java-polling-amf channel for CF development. By default, CF development uses CF-specific channels:

my-cfamf

cf-polling-amf

my-cfamf-secure

any custom channels you've created yourself for CF to use

That said, all the channels require a context root setting for your project to compile properly. If you still have Flash Builder handy, take a look at your compiler switches for a project there to see what you're missing in IDEA.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

http://www.figleaf.com/

http://training.figleaf.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave, I never had this prob with native IDEA projects, only ones imported from FB4.

I guess I could just delete ref to the context.root in the s-config file

btw, IDEA is amazing, gotta try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation