• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 9 - WebHelp Topics Not Displaying

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my first time compileing a WebHelp project, as I'm using the RH 9 trial, and I imported my FrameMaker files, used my FM TOC, and after compiling the project and attempt to view it, it's blank. The files are on my local drive so I know that is not the issue.

Any other ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying there is no content in your WebHelp or that the TOC is blank? If the later, have you checked the TOC in the RoboHelp Project manager pod? Also check to ensure that the TOC you want is specified in the WebHelp Single Source Layout. If you only have one TOC then the default value can be used.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see nothing in the display window. I can see the TOC in RH Project Manager TOC folder and it's set to be the default, but I don't see the TOC or any of the topics when I compile the WebHelp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you generate another output type (e.g. CHM). If that works, can you post a picture of what you DO see in your WebHelp output. You can do so by using the icon.

adobe_forum_camera_icon.png

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In addition to Colums suggestion, are you by any chance using Google Chrome? Do you have the same problem with Internet Explorer and Firefox?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry if some of this is redundant from the good ideas offered by my colleagues, but let's double check the process of how you imported the FM documents. Did you import a ".book" or individual .fm files? Are these associated with a FM TOC.fm file? Did you use the Project settings > Content Settings and select the FM TOC to import as shown in this screenshot?

FMTOC-ContentSettings.jpg

Then, after the import (I assume you are importing and not linking the FM) do you see something like this appear in your Project Manager and TOC Pod?

FMTOC.jpg

Finally, when you say "I see nothing in the display window," do you mean when you view results you don't see a TOC in the navigation pane, or nothing in the Topic pane, or are they both blank? Even if you don't see a TOC, you should at least be able to see whatever default topic you had set for the project appear in the initial topic pane.

Thanks

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Evergreen, Colorado
www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your lengthy response.

1) Did you import a ".book" or individual .fm files? Are these associated with a FM TOC.fm file? Did you use the Project settings > Content Settings and select the FM TOC to import as shown in this screenshot?

Answer = Yes

2) Yes, I see a TOC similar to the image you inserted.

3) "Finally, when you say "I see nothing in the display window," do you mean when you view results you don't see a TOC in the navigation pane, or nothing in the Topic pane, or are they both blank? Even if you don't see a TOC, you should at least be able to see whatever default topic you had set for the project appear in the initial topic pane."

Answer: The only thing I see in the window is the address line. I don't see a TOC or any topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William,

I am mistaken from my earlier email saying that I was using IE. Even though my default browser is IE, this WebHelp opens in Google Chrome. Have you had similar problems in Chrome?

Regards,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See Snippets on my site. Chrome will not work on locally installed help. It is OK once on a server.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp