• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Error when printing multiple pages

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2006 Jun 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched through the forum articles and found a similar problem as mine.
When printing multiple pages from chm file, it shows script error.
The scripts are added the <body> area for other purposes.

So I read through the Critical Update 811630
But found that what I am using (XP SP2) has this update already.

Pete Lees mentioned that there is a workaround to check if the file name of the document url begins with ~hh, that tells you it is a printout then don't run the script.
Does anyone know more information about this?

Robert -CNC Software also has another workaround in the same article. It seems that it is more simple but I am not sure when he mentioned about Link to 1 topic option.
Gratefull if anyone can help.

Thanks,
Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2006 Jul 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand this the issue is that when HTMLHelp prints multiple pages it compiles allt he pages into one big html file (named "~hh..."). This can cause problems for scripts and for .css locations (as the "~hh..." file is store in a different location). Furthermore it can also cause problems if your scripts assume things about the contents of the html file.

I have put together the following blog entry to lay out my problems with this area. I'd really appreciate you feedback (on the blog or here) about whether this hits the nail on the head or not.

http://techwritetips.wordpress.com/2006/06/28/htmlhelp-multiple-page-printing/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2006 Jul 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was interested to hear if other authors htmlhelps printed ok when you select print this "topic and subtopics" after rigth clicking the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2006 Jul 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy

You posted something similar to this last when I added a comment to your blog referencing Snippet 46 on my site. I don't know if the method described there (from Pete Lees - who else?) will help with this issue.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 10, 2006 Jul 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think it did help.

I was interested if anyone else had a similar problem. I suspect that the majority of HTMLHelps would suffer from this, (in their style at least).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp