• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresh Install Mac - Licensing for this product has stopped working Error: 6

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just got the new macbook pro refreshes at work and decided to make the switch to standalone CFBuilder.   We downloaded the trial and installed.  On launch we get this error, "Licensing for this product has stopped working  Error: 6".  Every macbook had the same result.   All are running 2 Ghz Quad Core i7 with 8GB of ram.   All of them get the same error.    All have a fresh install of 10.6.6.   Other than installing Air before the CFBuilder install they have no other applications installed.   Other than Air, there are no other Adobe products installed.  All CFBuilders were installed under an admin account.

We've tried all the troubleshooting.   Permissions, LicenseRecovery, Setting the clock back to 2010... we even tried reinstalling OSX, then installing acrobat, then air, then CFBuilder with the same result every time.   We even activated the root account on the system and installed under root.  Same result every time.    The Flexnet service never gets created unless we use the License recovery tool.   If we install the updater it still makes no difference.

All options for CFBuilder are grayed out under help.   Registration, Deactivation, Updates...

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Navigate to:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache If cache.db-journal exists take a back up elsewhere and delete it.

Then restart CFB and check if it starts working fine.

If it is not resolved reboot the machine and then uninstall CF Builder and reinstall CF Builder.

Make sure that the directory /private/var/folders/ is provided with root permissions and install as admin only.

Hope it will fix your issue.

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Krishna.  Thanks for the reply.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache is never created.   Root has proper permissions and I've installed as an admin and as the root user.   Same result every time.  Reinstall doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, plus others. Go to this url by Adobe and see if this might help you. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/829/cpsid_82996.html

I went to Library/Application Support/Flexnet Publisher/Service/ and double-clicked both service programs. Terminal opened and it looked like maybe it started the services, but it didn't stop the message for me. Your set-up might be different from mine.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... Its a bug in the installer.   This is a really crappy work around.  We installed a trial of Photoshop CS5.  It created all of the licensing needs including the Adobe PCD directory.  Once we did this the error went away and we were able to use CF builder and have the option of adding a serial number.

In my opinion this is not a fix.  The developers do not use photoshop.  Its really crappy that we need to install and uninstall another piece of software to get this working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting and letting me know. Yes, it is crappy to have to work-around it like that. I noticed when I installed

Builder that it over-wrote some newer files, but I said "Okay to All". I'm using CS4 not CS5 and my newer files were probably better. I'm glad you got your program working at least. My problem is I started my first Project at the wwwroot level, like all the instructions say. It wasn't until I saw Ben Forta's video of it that I realized I was supposed to start a new folder within the wwwroot folder as my Project folder. Now I can't get rid of my first Project folder without DELETING all of the files in wwwroot, WHICH I CANNOT DO. MANY OF THE FOLDERS THERE ARE WORKING WEB SITES! If you know of any way to detach that original Project, I'd sure like to know how to do it.

Thanks,

Tedra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation