• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing a topic title

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2006 Jul 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to change an upper case 'A" to a lower case 'a' in a topic title and file name. I was able to change two topics and save them, but two others in the same project will not save the changes. I have removed all of the links to the topics. What could be the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

A good old classic this one.

You cannot change just the case. Add any character somewhere in the name and save that. Now go back and remove that character and change the case of the other one.

The only wrinkle is if the topic title and file name are one word, then the two have to be the same case so you cannot have Help as the title and help.htm. There are ways to trick RH and make it look like that has worked. Trust me that you will find a problem later on. The easy solution is to use a file name with a variation like help_topic.htm. I think this might apply to anything where the title and file name are the same but if you set RH up to have underscores instead of spaces, that gets around the problem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Peter. You are right; it was only word. I made the change as you suggested, and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp