• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Recording Drop Down Menu correctly in Excel

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2006 Jul 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recorded navigation in the drop down menu in Excel in Assessment mode. However, the item highlighted in the playback is not the item I originally highlighted. Also, I have it set to two attempts before the correct selection is made. After two wrong attempts I can select another wrong maneuver and it still navigates to the next correct destination. Is this a bug and is there a patch to correct this?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 10, 2006 Jul 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

. . .the item highlighted in the playback is not the item I originally highlighted...
Tough one since we can't see what you are looking at. Sounds like the auto-capture might have captured the background a split-second before of after the background change was complete. This can usually be avoided by supplementing the captures with "manual" screenshots (press PrtScr). You should be able to edit the problem out by copying and pasting the proper background.

You also said . . .
quote:

. . . I have it set to two attempts before the correct selection is made. After two wrong attempts I can select another wrong maneuver and it still navigates to the next correct destination. Is this a bug and is there a patch to correct this?
About that patch - the latest English build is #1418, so if you have that, you have the latest. But I don't think there is anything to "patch". Double check your selections for what "action" to take for an incorrect response and what action to take for a correct response. I know of no "bug" issue with this, so am wondering if it might be a misunderstanding of what is supposed to be happening, and when . . . my "most likely" list would include the possibility that the action to be taken for an incorrect response - needs to be changed from "Continue" as it seems to be set to do now.

But if my guess is missing your point, can you explain step-by-step what actions you are taking . . . and what you think should be happening as a result . . . and what is (in fact) happening. Thanks ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources