• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DRM epub book with Pandigital reader

Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to "readers" in general...

I bought a Novel 7" from Pandigital and since I live in Canada I am linked to Kobo...instead of Barnes and Noble.

Recently, I bought a epub french ebook from FNAC.com in France and it loaded correctly in ADE. I can read the book on my home computer but it was not the intent obviously...

When I hooked my Pandigital reader to my computer, the ADE was able to identify my "reader"...but when I wanted to drag-drop the book into my reader device, it refused to transfer the content to the device...with an error  ppearing in a central window saying in resume:

Impossible to copy the file...Error "the book's title"  No authorization to copy the file here  

I tried to contact Pandigital...FNAC...and Adobe but to date, nobody seems to have a clear answer to my little problem...

Any idea ???

At worst I will try to get a refund from the FNAC.com but yet I would rather solve the problem if it is possible

Thanks in advance for your help

Andre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar but slightly different problem.  I am in the US.  I have Adobe Digital Editions on my computer and successfully authorized my Pandigital Novel ereader through ADE on my computer, so it should be the same user ID.  I also successfully dragged and dropped items borrowed from my local libarry into my ereader.

The problem is when I go to my bookshelf by clicking on the BN icon on my Pandigital Novel and when I try to open the book I get the message: "Can't open book.  This is an Adobe DRM protected book you will need to import the book with Adobe Digital Editions to open this book."  But I did authorize my device and moved it over from DRM, so does anyone know what the problem is and how I can resolve it?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to get your problem resolved? I just noticed there is a comment after yours that says that there is

an icon that says ADOBE and that is where the person clicked and found the library books they had transferred.

I will quote the previous poster:

"I was having the same problem using Adobe Digital Editions after downloading a 7 day library book. I could transfer it to the Pandigital but couldn't see it in the book shelf on the reader.  I scrolled my pan digital area where home, reader, my library etc are and lo and behold found an icon for Adobe ebooks. I clicked on that and there was my book. "

Hopefully you resolved your problem shortly after you posted, but if not, hope that helps you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not an expert, but I do know that when it comes to buying books from

different countries that there are certain publishing rights that don't transfer, so sometimes it  doesn't work and isn't allowed. That might be the problem in your case. If I were you, I would get a refund from FNAC and then try and download the same book from someone inside your own country. If that doesn't work then at least you ruled one issue out. I wish I could help more, I have a nook and no experience with a Pandigital novel. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same problem. i cant open library books i transferred to pan digital . i get the same error message.

ive been trying to get support thru adobe website, but i cant get thru.  were you able to resolve your problem? if so, how?

ta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2011 Feb 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized I had to download the Overdrive app for Android to use with my library system.  Then I was able to download and see the book thru the Overdrive app.  There is a delay after I "check-out" the book, it might say that it has expired, but that issue is resolved after a few hours, it probably need that time to sync up your account.

However, I downloaded two library books and 1 book page=2 screens, which was quite annoying, then I saw that the bottom of the book page was cut off so I couldn't read the books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem using Adobe Digital Editions after downloading a 7 day library book. I could transfer it to the Pandigital but couldn't see it in the book shelf on the reader.  I scrolled my pan digital area where home, reader, my library etc are and lo and behold found an icon for Adobe ebooks. I clicked on that and there was my book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I've noticed is that adjusting the font size isn't the same as it is with the books that were pre-loaded.  I cannot adjust the font size on my Literati at all for these books.  However, I can adjust the size of the screen to 'zoom in' on text.  This is annoying at best.  I think that the book's digital format is the reason, but I can't get any of the Adobe Technical Support people to say whether that is true or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same error " No Loan Liscence for this book found".  Used Adobe Digital Edtion to download the book from the city library and transferred to my ereader.  Found the bbok in the sub folder of adobe.digital.edtions file.  Had to drag and drop to Kobo books to see on the bookshelf.  When I tried to open it the error came up.  I then opened the manifest.xml document in the Adobe.digital.edtion sub directory using the editor.  I changed the information regarding the downloaded city book to information on books downloaded from Kobo ebook sites.  Even doing all these changes, the city books would still not open.  Tried contacting Pandigital but still no answer yet.  Great Tech suppoert. What!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm am not able to install ADE on my pandigital because the download requires Flash (which I believe cannot be downloaded onto a pandigital).

I have authorized my device via the Overdrive application, but I still am not able to read an Adobe pdf formatted book or open it in Overdrive. I get the following message when I try to open a book: "As this is an Adobe DRM protected book you will need to import the book with Adobe Digital Editions to open this book."

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Krista

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have  Pandigital Reader (I have a nook) but I am pretty sure ADE works the same way for all the ereading devices. Adobe Digital Editions should not be downloaded onto your reading device - you need to download it onto a PC/laptop.  You sign up with Adobe, and then you go to the library website and checkout the ebook you want. Your ebook should come as an .ASCM file. Double click this and ADE should open up. Now plug your Pandigital into your PC/laptop and on the lefthand side of ADE you should see your device come up (like a little icon) you then click on your ebook on the list in ADE (where all your books are listed) and drag the library book over to the icon, then when you're right over the icon (there should be a green dot that lights up by your mouse cursor as you get in the right postion - drop it.

It should then say that it is "copying 1 of 1" and when it's done, you can then remove/eject your Pandigital reader from your computer (make sure you do it properly so none of your files get corrupted or anything) - there should be an icon in your bottom toolbar (if you have Windows) that says "Safely Remove Hardware" when you run your mouse over it, click on that and then click on what comes up, it should say "okay to disconnect" or something like that. After that happens you are good to go to disconnect your Pandgital from the computer and your book should be ready to read.

I hope that helps. Sorry if I explained anything you already knew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Fireflywishes22...That worked like a charm! I truly appreciate your willingness to help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome! This is one of the hardest forums to get replies in, and whenever I get an email (from this topic

I subscribed to since I was once looking for help here) that I think I can actually HELP someone I try and hop right on over. I'm so glad I was able to help you, library lending with our ereaders is one of the best reasons to have them!

I know you don't have a nook, but there is a lot of great information over on the nookboards forum (just google "nookboards" and it will come up    I am a moderator over there and can attest to the fact we have a friendly community, and while we may not be able to help you out with a lot of the technical aspects of your reader, we have a great section dedicated to authors and freebies/promotions and other things you might be interested in!

Have a great night, and again I'm so glad I could help you, I think that made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2011 Mar 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefliewishes22 - Exactly the right sequen

ce, and the one I was using before I downloaded the latest Firmware update.  As of today, howver, what I'm finding is I can go through the sequence you've detailed, but once the Epub is on my Pandigital, it won't open! The device reports, This needs to be opened by Adobe Digital Editions.  And the ADE icon, which was in the applications icons before,  has totally disappeared from the device! HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said before, I don't have a Pandigital, but it sounds like what MAYBE happened is when your firmware updated it maybe unauthorized your ereader? I'm thinking you might want to uninstall and then reinstall ADE on your computer and reauthorize your device (with the same info you used before, you don't want to get into trouble trying to start a new account). I am not an expert and could be completely wrong on this, but it sounds like the firmware update messed with some of the folders needed on your Pandigital - and this could be why you're no longer seeing the icon you used to.

I hope that helps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent advice fireflywishes22, and virtually the same as I would have given; thanks for the immediate reply.  I'm frustrated. I used my Pandigital for 2 months reading library loaned books in Pandigital Adobe Digital Editions, then I made the mistake of upgrading my Pandigital firmware.  Once the new firmware appeared, Adobe Digital Editions disappeared.  I can copy the books to the device, biut it then  claims it cannnot open them, and advises me to use ADE, which has disappeared. I've fully uninstalled and re-installed three times in the past day to no avail. Pandigital appears to want me to buy the device, but does not seem to care much whether it works or not - unless I want to buy books, rather than use my public library.  Ditto for Adobe. Maybe Steve Jobs is right - Adobe is just too buggy to be used...the library books are there, but I am not allowed to open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, ADE is not the best software to work with, I use CALIBRE whenever I can, but for library books ADE is necessary, so I deal with it. But, it does seem like Pandigital users have more problems than nook owners do.. ? Not sure why, but that seems to be the trend I see, it may or may not be correct.

I know you don't have a nook, but since you're having an ADE issue, I think you should stop by the nookboards forum and see if someone has a better solution for you. I guarantee you that you will get more responses then this forum. There might already be a solution posted if you search for it, http://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php There is a real friendly community there and we all have experience with ADE, that's why I suggest it. There are people with more expertise and know-how than me!

I hope you get your issue resolved, my name is Fireflywishes over there, so let me know what you find out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One step you should follow that nobody talks about (at least not much).

If you remove ADE from your Windows computer by uninstalling it, EMPTY YOUR

TRASH FOLDER. When you reinstall ADE, it looks for bits and pieces of

itself and will use those in the Trash bin if they're there.

==============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very true, and if I'm not correct you should also do a search for Adobe Digital Editions folders and you need to open the folder called RESTORE - then delete all the files in that folder - the Restore folder holds all the ACSM and other books that you've been trying to load and sometimes that leads to errors in and of itself - if you've tried to load a book and it's failed. I know deleting that has worked for me in the past. However, I failed to mention it this time because it was the icon that wasn't showing up on the device, so it seemed like a seperate issue then I've had before.. but really, try anything! ADE is really fickle..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have been two days trying to figure out why i was getting an error saying drm book error but i tried what you said and it worked thank you very much i am glad that you posted your comments.  thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to thank you for posting the answer to the question about transferring library books. That was driving me nuts, and I finally just got it to work.

Thanks a million!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped.... enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines