Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indented lists problem

Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

numbering problem.png

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem when generating webhelp. When I add a list to my source, the indent is in line with the body text and it's all fine. It looks good when I preview it. Problem is, when I generate the webhelp, the indent is increased.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this page provides any solution. Peter's page is still under construction with regards to multi-level lists but it sounds like you may not be using them. There is also some useful info regarding potential issues with projects upgraded from before RoboHelp 8 is this is the case with you.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, which page?

The RoboColumn? It's interesting because I can't see anything obvious in the css that would cause this either but it's a bit annoying because it's making the presentation of my helpfile look really rubbish!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. I suspect that it is a problem with my custom .css file, as I tried it with the default style sheet and don't get the indentation problem. I am on a later version (8) than my colleague that I inherited the .css from, so maybe there is some compatibility issue. I would be interested to hear if anyone has had a similar problem and were able to resolve it. This is the style for the numbered list (with left margin at 0cm.)

Normal +  font-size: 10pt;  font-family: Arial, sans-serif;  color: #003366;  line-height: 120%;  list-style: decimal;  margin-top: 10pt;  margin-bottom: 10pt;  margin-left: 0cm;  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This looks like the infamous RH8 list problem. Please follow the link Colum provided and post back if you need more help.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for providing the link below:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/lists/Make_CSS_list%20styles_work_RH8.pdf

Fixed using the Tools > Gen > Convert to HTML option, as described in the PDF.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp