• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mixed formatting in variables in RH7?

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2011 Mar 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client has a submodule that has a mixed format name, e.g. "Sha-BANG" (with the second part italicized, in case that doesn't show). I don't see a way of formatting part of a variable in RH7, although I've read it's possible in RH8 - does anyone have any ideas how to efficiently enter this term throughout the project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Hi argus08,

The Formatting (style) is part of the definition of the Variable and is independent of the variable itself, it gives you a liberty to have a different formatting according to the value but this feature came up in RH 8 and I am afraid in RH 7 you cannot apply formatting separately on the definitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2011 Mar 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select the characters and click the icon for Bold.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter - I meant to have the formatting as part of the variable so I don't have to apply it each time I insert the variable. Is there a way to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant select it in the snippet. You can apply inline formatting from the toolbar the same as any topic.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - I'm not using a snippet, just a variable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse me while I go shoot myself! No you cannot format variables in RoboHelp 7. I say that so that now someone will come along and tell us how.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phew! When I saw your reply on Saturday (without access to my help project), I thought I had asked the dumbest question on earth! Hmm, are we close enough to the Ides of March to lay blame there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything that gets me off the hook! It wasn't the dumbest question, it was the dumbest answer.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi argus08,

The Formatting (style) is part of the definition of the Variable and is independent of the variable itself, it gives you a liberty to have a different formatting according to the value but this feature came up in RH 8 and I am afraid in RH 7 you cannot apply formatting separately on the definitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the confirmation, RoboAsh. I had gathered that this is now possible in RH8. Oh well, luckily the term isn't everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp