Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation Problems

Jul 11, 2006 Jul 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone confirm if they have been able to activate RoboHelp today?

The thread below suggest that this is becoming a problem. See the update section at the bottom of the post.

http://www.pbase.com/image/63272581.jpg
http://monkeypi.net/?p=61

It seems almost too conspiritorial to be true.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jul 11, 2006 Jul 11, 2006
Hi Andy R

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm failing to see the logic of discussing further the comments made by both Adobe and Madcap. To do so would be (IMHO) too similar to the irritating television newspeople following a speech made by some dignitary. I'm old enough and intelligent enough to have listened and made my own judgements based on what I heard. I don't need the newsperson to reiterate what the dignitary actually said, followed by what s/he may or may not have actually meant.

Activatio...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy

There is a problem on this and I am one of the casualties, or at least one of my authors is!

I have taken this up at a senior level with Adobe and I chased the matter just an hour ago.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Can you post any response here. I'd be keen to know the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am going to keep it a big secret!
🙂
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

As Peter says, Adobe is aware of the problem and addressing the problem. The links you provide are very interesting - do you know who the monkey pi is btw ? or is as it says "An escapee from a government contractor’s test lab". Just not comfortable with all this cloak and dagger stuff.

Thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the re-assurance.

I don't know the Monkey Pi guy. I just picked up on his site when he posted his slides for UX UA.

The reason I posted the links was to bring this into the open. I'm keen to foster open and accurate debate on the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andy. I'm happy to foster open and accurate debate on a subject. However, it may just be me, but articles/statements have a lot more weight and credibilty if the source is known. Just my humble opinion.

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy R

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm failing to see the logic of discussing further the comments made by both Adobe and Madcap. To do so would be (IMHO) too similar to the irritating television newspeople following a speech made by some dignitary. I'm old enough and intelligent enough to have listened and made my own judgements based on what I heard. I don't need the newsperson to reiterate what the dignitary actually said, followed by what s/he may or may not have actually meant.

Activation server issues, for sure, as this directly affects potential community members.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

I was just asking about the activation issue. Nothing else.

I had no intention of sparking off the rest of the post, or rehashing old ground.

I'm with you Rick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that this issue has been addressed. Users are now able to activate.
Thanks
-Jason Eberwein

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay, Jason!

Old-timers in RH forums recognize Jason as a knowledgeable carryover from eHelp and Macromedia.

Who says Adobe has no RH experts?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2006 Jul 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thanks all..

glad we are sorted again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp