Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to rename one project

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2006 Jul 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
RH always scratches after the Rename command in one of my projects. I have tried to find the cause in removing each topic, one after one.
It seems the problem comes from a Frame Set component in the project.
Is there anybody who already has this problem? and knowing a solution....
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Was your frameset file name the same as the project? If so, I think you'll find that RH renames the frameset file as well as all the other project files. Look in the Project tab and you'll probably see your old & new framesets there. You'll probably be OK just to delete the old frameset. To get around this problem, try having your frameset file name different from your project name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,
the frameset name is not the same as the project name. First the frameset "title" had a "é", so I have modified the frameset in order to avoid any accentuated letter, but the problem is not solve.
Bea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bea. You mention that the problem is limited to only one project which indicates that you can rename other projects that contain framesets. If you can, the problem is with the project. I don't use French or any other language with accents but this may be the issue. I know that RH objects to certain characters being used in some instances and this may be one. Create a blank project with no accented characters, add a frameset and then rename the project. Do you get the same problem?

Can I also ask the question I should have asked last time around. The title of this post refers to the inability to rename the project. Is this right or is the project renamed OK but just not working as expected afterwards. If the latter, exactly what do you mean by "scratchy"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2006 Jul 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

currently I'm working on 6 separate projects and 2 have framesets and both can not be renamed.
What happens is : RH is blocked and I can not open the project anymore (message "application will stop now etc...").
I made the test you indicated to me, creating a blank project with one frameset and I renamed it without any problem.
So, the problem comes from my frameset, there is something wrong inside and I do not understand what for the moment, because my test project still works, even with accentued "é" in the frameset title!

Thank you very much for your help. If I want to work on safe projects in the future, I will take time to remove all my framesets and recreate them without import or copy/paste.
Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2006 Jul 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bea,

Please clarify:

Can you explain where and how you create/modify a frameset? Within the RH project, or by patching output files?

By "frameset." are you referring to a "skin" setup, or the output files whskin_frmset01.htm and whskin_frmset010.htm, or files in the project folder, or ....?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2006 Jul 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harvey,
The frameset was created in RH, by using the command : File>New>Frameset, when the Project tab is displayed, at the top level in the HTML files folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2006 Jul 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
One last question. Well there may be others

Are your projects located on a network? The fact that only two are affected suggests a totally random error. Working with RH on a network is "verbotten" unless you like trouble. There are many problems reported here that are caused by network usage. If you are, move the source files to a PC hard hard and backup to the network.

As far as your existing problem is concerned, if moving the files off the network don't work, you'll have to recreate the framesets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp