Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

process timeout......300 seconds.

Level 2

Hi All,

Currently we have 2 applications deployed in workbench where App1 has a process (Foundation->ApplicationUtility-1.0->readApplicationAsset->getAsset) that gets a TIF file from APP2.  When this process gets invoked......it times out at 300 seconds and gives error.

When trying to invoke.....we are passing in a string (which is the path) to where the TIF resides.  ie: /App2/1.0/common/signatures/Sig.TIF as the input parm.

java.sql.SQLException: The transaction is no longer active - status: 'Marked rollback. [Reason=weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException: Transaction timed out after 300 seconds
BEA1-61F7F5CA6618BE52DAEF]'. No further JDBC access is allowed within this transaction.
at weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.JTSConnection.checkIfRolledBack(JTSConnection.java:178)
at weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.JTSConnection.checkConnection(JTSConnection.java:188)
at weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.ResultSet.preInvocationHandler(ResultSet.java:66)
at weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.ResultSet_oracle_jdbc_driver_OracleResultSetImpl.getShort(Unknown Source)

Anyone with idea's?  Much appreciated!

9 Replies

Level 3

Which version of livecycle?

I remember i also encountered one such problem in LC ES2 and found that there was an issue with ReadApplicationAsset service.

This service takes a lot of time to read the asset from repository. And as far as i know this issue should have been fixed in LC ES2 SP2.

So there are two possible ways:

1) Get a confirmation if there is still a problem with this service in SP2 or not. If not, upgrade to SP2

OR

2) increase timeouts on your end.

Level 2

sorry....it is verions 9 w/service pack 1.  Can you provide the link to SP2?  Thx!

Level 2

LCES2 Service Pack 2 is avialable for download from here:https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=lces2%5Fsp2.

Level 2

Ok next question.  Can I run 9.5 Workbench and Designer with a 9.0 server?  It is a little unclear on the website. 

(upgrade to Service Pack 2 on server will be forthcoming).

Thanks!

Former Community Member

Hi,

Yes, you can. LCES Workbench 9.5 is compatible with LCES 9.0 Server. Contrariwise wouldn't work (LCES Workbench 9 and Server 9.5).

Regards

Nico

Level 7

We were told by our Adobe tech rep to always marry the version of Workbench with the Sever for a production environment, otherwise small incompatibilities could creep in, even though it appears to work fine.

Nico - have you got anything official from Adobe saying this is ok? I would really be interested in upgrading our version of Workbench.

Former Community Member

Found the following official statement on http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/upgrade/ (under "Must SP2 be installed before these various modules?"):

"Workbench 9.5 is installed on the developer desktop and will work with  any ES2, whether ES, ES2 SP1 or ES2 SP2, although 9.5 is suggested for  use with SP2. Workbench 9.5 is required for use with the three solution  accelerators."

But I'm wondering, why don't you just install Workbench 9.5? It's quite easy and noncritical.

Hope this helps.

Nico

Level 7

Thanks Nico. Personally I would risk the update, but it was a recommendation from Adobe, not me. I might send your link past Adobe and see what they say again.

Cheers

Level 7

Hey Nico - i found this on the link you posted:

Do I need to migrate to LiveCycle Workbench 9.0 to 9.5 to work with LiveCycle ES2.5?
Yes. It is best practice to run Workbench and the LiveCycle server at the compatible version levels (Workbench 9.5 and LiveCycle Server 9.0.0.2 in this case).

This is what the Adobe tech support was referring to I believe. So if you are running Livecycle ES2 SP1 only, then it is best practice run Workbench 9.0.0.1