Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfering licence on an other computer

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2006 Jul 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have 4 licences. In the first time I have installed and activated those licences on 4 free services office computers.
Now, I need to put RoboHelp on spécific users units (desktop also). So I would like to desinstall the software on those previous computer befor install and activate on news.
Is it possible ? Do I have rights to do that ? Do I need to inform Macromedia ? What is the process ?

Other question : May you confirm that one unique licence can be used for both desktop and laptop ?

Thanks for your answer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manoun. If you need to move RH onto other PCs you can just uninstall and install as normal. You'll have to register RH on the new PC by entering the supplied product code. You can ring the Adobe Product Registration line if you haven't got this or register over the internet. It's quite straightforward. As far as installing on laptop and PC are concerned, I believe the licence agreement says you can install RH on both but only one copy of the application can be used at any one time (i.e. you can't have a user using RH on both the PC and laptop at the same time). If you read the terms and conditions during the installation (yes I know we never do ) it does state what you can and can't do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum

For the time being do not advise anyone to uninstall and reinstall RH. There is a problem with the activation process and it cannot be circumvented by emailing or phoning. Quite simply, at the moment it is not possible to activate RoboHelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies to Manoun. I had not realised there were registration problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have just been advised that activation is now back up and running. If you want to be safe, try it on one PC first. I have no reason to doubt everything is OK, just suggesting how to protect yourself.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manoun

Ultimately only Adobe can give categoric assurances on what is permitted so be aware this is just my understanding.

Each licence is for a specific user so it may have not have been strictly in accordance with the licence having RH installed on a PC that anyone could use. Not sure on that but I wouldn't think Adobe would get too uptight about it as it did restrict use to four people.

Uninstalling RH and putting it onto specific users machines is certainly OK and you do not need to advise Adobe who took over Macromedia.

Also you can install RH on a second PC provided that PC is used by the same person as the first PC.

Admin rights are important so take a look at my site for information about installing RH.

VERY IMPORTANT

Do not uninstall at the moment as you will not be able to reactivate RH on the new PCs. There is a problem with the activation process and Adobe cannot provide the code, either online or by any other means.

There is a topic in the General Discussion forum. Wait until you see a post there saying that the matter has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2006 Jul 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you both
Il will check customer services to be absolutly sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp