• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do "expansions" work in RH8's HTML editor?

Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH8.0.2.208 on Win7/64.

I just discovered the "expansions" feature in the HTML source editor.  I can see the various codes in the "Edit Expansions" dialog, and I have "Expansions" enabled on the right-click popup menu.  But when I enter a keyword, I am not presented with a popup window, automatic text, or any response at all.

I hunted around for a project setting or option that might control this, but I have come up empty thus far.

Thanks

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind....I just tested this on a colleague's Win7/32 machine, and it works fine there.  Looks like a limitation of Win7/64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 8 is not supported on Windows 7 64 bit although some have reported using them both successfully.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum

I really wish we could find a different way to phrase that. The way it reads it sounds as if it simply won't work in Windows 7 64 bit.

Unfortunately I'm at a loss for better phrasing. Perhaps I need more coffee.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the replies, Colum and Rick.

I guess I can add my name to the list of those reporting success with 64-bit.  I've been using RH8 in 64-bit on a daily basis since last November, compiling WebHelp, CHM and Printed Doc. So far (knock wood), everything has been fine.  This issue is the first problem I've had.  Maybe I've just been lucky 🙂

To answer your question, Rick....yep, I input the leading "<", but it doesn't make a difference.  It works as expected on my co-worker's 32-bit machine.

Currently, I'm using a 3rd party tool to insert code fragments automatically.  I like the 3rd party tool a lot, but if there is a native RH solution available, I'd prefer to use it. I'll try to check it out when I upgrade to RH9 (which probably won't be for a while).

Thanks again,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Did you begin by typing the < symbol? I'm runing RoboHelp 8 on Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate and the expansions popped right up.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp