• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't print pdf after update to reader x

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2011 Mar 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated, as advised by Adobe, to reader x and since then I can't print a pdf. The printer job progress screen opens up but stays at 0%. I've tried many pdf's either saved to my hard drive or online. My os is windows xp sp3, my printer is a Dell AIO 924. I checked for updated drivers from Dell but I already have the latest.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. Since I update my Adobe Reader to X 10.01, I have some problems in saving and printing.

I can open a PDF file at a website, but I am not able to print and save it to my folder. Window Explore keeping running and not responding. The error messages on the screen are:

Abode Acrobat/Reader 103:103; Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1 and Application Name: iexplore.exe.

I have reloaded the Adobe Reader X 10.01 and disabled the protected mode at startup. Still no help. I want to go back to older version of Adobe to prove if it is caused by the 10.01 version, but it seems no longer available on the web. I have tried to restore my computer to earlier date andit still shows the same problem. My Window Explore works for other functions and documents of other types.

I have a HP desktop running on Vista. I have no problem to open, print and save my stored PDF files using Adobe Reader X (10.01), but just cannot save and print the new PDF files on the website. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I am using Vista 64-bit with Firefox. I wonder if it has to do with the 64-bit. Are there any fixes out there yet?

In California.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Firefox? I just had some good luck with this: I disabled the Adobe Acrobat plug-in under Tools/Add-Ons/Plug-Ins. I went back to the page that wouldn't allow me to save and now it opened in Adobe Reader rather than within the browser and I was able to save it as I wished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am on Vista - 64 bits using Window Internet Explorer. Where do you disable the plug-in. In the Adobe page, I went to edit/preference/general/basic tools, but could not find what you saw. Maybe I was in the wrong path.

I can open saved PDF files, print and re-save, but cannot save and print the new PDF file just downloaded from the website.

I just swa another post with the same problem of print or prinbt-to-file. Adobe X 10.01 must have a nasty bug.........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I am using Firefox. I just tried to do something in IE but it didn't help and I still cannot save or, for that matter, use any of the controls when I open a pdf in IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem -- can't print pdfs, either those in my IE browser or even ones I've saved to my hard drive.

Anyone out there got a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I don't know if this will help any of you, but I solved my problem.  I was using Adobe Reader 9 and I installed (yes! the dreaded!) Reader X.  It solved the problem.  I can now print.  I have a feeling that it's not the difference in versions that mattered -- I think it may be just a matter of reinstalling the Reader.  Try that, if you haven't already.  Note that if you just download the new version, it will uninstall any old versions on your machine.  (Incidentally, I was initially unable to install the new version of the Reader -- I kept getting a message that Internet Explorer was using some files that the installer needed to close and I should close IE -- even though I had already closed every program!  This problem was solved by restarting my computer.)

Hope some of that is helpful.  In any case, you have my sympathy -- it's a real pain not to be able to print pdf's!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have tried to Download older versions of the Adobe Reader (v8 & 9), but it still shows the same problem.You are right, it sems no to do with the versions. I do have a bit luck with one webiste in USA. Instead of clicking on the downloaded file from the website, I do right-click with the option of 'open with new window', it works - I can now read the whole file on the screen, save and print. I tried to do the same with another webiste in Canada from the same organization, it failed to work, since it does not have the option of 'open with new Window'. I wonder that website has changed some settings. Hope I can get a reply from that organization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this had anything to do with my printing problems, but about

the same time I switched to Adobe 10 and my pdf's started printing again, my

antivirus software found and removed a couple of viruses that had been

lurking in pdf files. It described them as "exploit pdf" viruses. So you

might try doing a sweep of your computer with a good antivirus program (I

like Spybot). Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling reader x but still same problem. I fixed the problem by removing Adobe reader and installing Nuance PDF reader. No more problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way out by using Safari to open the PDF files and It works!! I tried to call Adobe. The waiting time was 20 minutes. I gave up after 10 minutes. I think the problem must be the Window IE. You can open the PDF files using Window IE if you are allowed to open the file (by right-click) using the new Window option. Thank you all and Good Luck......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the solution to this !

Go into Adobe Reader X and choose Edit Preferences General.  You will notice there is a box ticked next to Enable Protected Mode at start up.  To print pdfs from within IE again all you have to do is untick this box.  It solved the problem for me.  This Protected Mode was a security enhancement that came in with version X.  You may wish to check with your IT department that they are comfortable with you doing this but it does solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My box is already unchecked, and I haven't been able to print consistently either.

Sometimes I get print buttons, sometimes not. Sometimes I can rightclick to print, sometimes not. It's making me nuts. I also hate the little floating "dock" type menu that disappears and reappears, because it changes locations and I have to waste time circling my mouse around to find the dang thing.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES.  i can confirm that McTimotei's solution worked for me.  thank you very much.  but how the hell would you know without reading a forum like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, one more thing i just noticed.  the hand tool would keep reverting to the cross hairs used to highlight things.  the hand tool is steady on now like set in the preferences.  yay!         

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks McTimotei . That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just got a new Dell computer with Windows 7 and as part of the exasperations involved with this step up I discovered a couple of problems as far as printing was concerned.  Hey, I have two printers, a Brother Laser and an HP all-in-one, and my print problems were the same on both.

The problem that relates to this thread was that I couldn't print pdf files (no matter where they were obtained) on either printer.  I would first get a message, "The document could not be printed." and upon hitting "Okay" would immediately get the following message, "There were no pages selected to print."  (which was not true)

Anyway, I just followed the advice given by McTimotei in reply #12 and viola! it fixed my problem - well, admittedly I've only tried to print one pdf file, but before it wouldn't print, and now after McTimotei's fix, it prints out on either of my printers.

Thanks McTimotei!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines