I believe this is an issue with the AIR runtime. Either the Workflow product is too old
or too new for the AIR runtime you have. I'd guess 'too new'.
So I'd deinstall AIR, then download the most recent:
and once installed, see if you can now run the Workflows application...
Let us know if that helps!
Adobe eLearning Suite 2 Workflows link works
only in Adobe Air 1.5.3 (build 9130) ;not in 2.0 or higher.
@cool16v: When you click on "Adobe eLearning Suite 2 Workflows" opens the AIR enabled windows which has teh videos for all the new feature available and also how to use it in the elearning suite 2.
The same can be found at http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/elearningsuite/workflows/.
To resolve the issue follow the below steps:
2) Restart the computer.
3) Installed AIR from http://get.adobe.com/air/
4) Suite WorkFlow works in any version of AIR.
5) Restart the computer.
I have tried the above solution to no avail. It seems the root cause of the problem is incompatibility with the new version of AIR
Here's a link to another thread with the same problem
Surely a multimillion dollar company like Adobe which is trying to be very customer orientated can afford to get the original creator of Workflows to provide an updated version of the program which will work with the latest version of AIR
To fix this problem you need to have Air 1.5.3 installed.
Please follow these steps :
1) Click on Start -> Run -> ncpa.cpl or Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs (Program & Features for Windows Vista & Windows 7 users)
2) Remove Adobe Air
3) Download Adobe Air 1.5.3 installer from this link : http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/1.5.3/AdobeAIRInstaller.exe
4) Run that installer (Note : Make sure you have Administrator Rights)
5) Once its installed, run Adobe eLearning Suite 2 Workflows
Make sure you do not update Adobe Air, if you want you can disable the update from this Setting Manager :
Let me know if this helps !!
I pressume Air has been updated for stability and SECURITY, I find it staggering that you would recomend rolling back to an outdated version of Air to get a part of a suite of prgrammes that have just been updated to work? Personally, I sent sent back my copy of EL2 (I could not get it to install correctly) have re-installed EL1 and all is well again.