Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keystrokes/ mouse clicks not detected when our application has focus

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2006 Apr 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is version 1.01.

We have an MFC written program that we are having problems creating demonstrations on a particular laptop, other computers seem to work fine.

This is what is happening...

1) Captivate hot keys do not work while our MFC application has focus, this includudes keys such as esc and prt-scr which we would like to use to take snapshots manually during recording.
2) When we type or click with the mouse it does not automatically capture a screen shot.

Like I said before, this seems to work on other machines with out program, just not this particular laptop...

Dell, Inspiron E1705

Immediate help would be appritiated.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2006 May 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joeLaf,

Sorry, not sure what an MFC application is, but...

Is this problem only on the one laptop or is it on ANY machine that also has the application in question running? If the former, then it may indicate the issue is with the laptop itself. If the latter, then it could be that the application is intercepting the key presses and preventing them from reaching Captivate. If that is the case, you may want to try changing the default settings in Captivate (Options/Recording Options...) to see if you can get a key combination that will work with your app. If the app in question is intercepting ALL keystrokes, then I am at a loss for advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2006 May 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

FWIW, I think the link below may describe what MFC is. Like you, I wasn't sure, so I poked around using Google.

Click here to view WikiPedia

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2006 Jun 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it took so long to get back, but I really need to get this issue resolved ASAP now that we would really like to use the captivate software.

We are still unable to use the captivate software because it is not receiving the mouse clicks or button pushes. We are NOT intercepting or hooking the key presses or button pushes within our program so they should be received by windows and thus by captivate.

This has occurred on many computers which we have tried. We do have one computer that seems to work sometimes, however, the program seems to freeze up often and we have to restart it. All other computers (Win XP or Win 2000) do NOT seem to work to make Application movies using the captivate software for our LXSoftware program.

We are more than willing to work with you to get this resolved ASAP.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 11, 2006 Jul 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hmmm. Two months and a day. Long time to decide to follow up but the question is, has this been resolved? I noticed in the article that Rick referenced, a point was made that MFC has basically been abandoned as a programming platform for years now, so that might be an issue - or not.

But I keep looking at the statement " We are NOT intercepting or hooking the key presses or button pushes within our program so they should be received by windows and thus by captivate". The tone of the statement has "programmer" written all over it - the certainty that your program can't be the problem. And I tend to agree, partly. The fact that your program is not "intercepting or hooking the key presses" does NOT necessarily mean that something else in your operating environment isn't capturing the keystrokes, making it impossible for Captivate to work properly . . . have you checked Task Manager or MSCONFIG to see if there is some other (memory-resident) program that might be bushwhacking Captivate??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources