Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Adobe) Serial Number doesn't work, please advise

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2011 Feb 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just bought ColdFusion Builder which includes FB as part of the $299 purchase price.   When I paste the serial number into the Flash Builder Burrito Trial, it says "This serial number is not valid for this product.".   Please advise,   thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Hi,

Can you please confirm that you are inputting FB's serial number and not ColdFusion serial number? Have you got 2 serial numbers when you purchased CF Builder (One for CF and one for FB)?

Is the FB you purchased working fine with the serial number that you are trying to enter for Burrito? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2011 Mar 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May I know the location and the build number of Burrito you installed?

Builds prior to November would accept FB 4.0 serial numbers. But newer builds won't.

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2011 Mar 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deeptika,

I believe I installed that build in December.  Last night I totally uninstalled it, and downloaded and installed a new build from Adobe's site.  As such, I can't tell you the exact date, but I'm pretty sure it was December.   Will this issue be changed/resolved?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Burrito trial no longer accepts 4.0 serial numbers. This is by design and hence not an issue. All the premium features are enabled by default in the trial version and one needs a new serial number to serialize Burrito.

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deeptika,

Thanks for your response.    Can you tell me where I can download an earlier version of the Burrito trial, that will work?  I'm not seeing a version history of these on the Adobe site.

Thanks,

Reto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please let us know whether you are in the pre-release program.

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deepitka,

I frequently provide feedback in the forums and file Flex bugs in bugs.adobe.com/jira.   I am not formally in the pre-release program because of time commitments (e.g. currently focusing on ColdFusion and developing web sites with that and regular client-side technologies).

Reto

P.S.  If I cannot use the latest version, if you could direct me to where I could download an earlier version, I would appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are not part of the prerelease program, you would have got a preview build which accepts 4.0 serial numbers. Please let us know where you downloaded the build from. Also please let us know the build number. Build number can be found in the bottom right of the dialog that opens up using Help > Flash Builder Notices and credits menu item after you launch FB.

Can you try with the version available under http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashbuilder_burrito/

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deeptika,

Thanks for your response.  I'm confused however by what you indicated below,

"If you are not part of the prerelease program, you would have got a preview build which accepts 4.0 serial numbers"

and in your second post above,

"Burrito trial no longer accepts 4.0 serial numbers."

I have tried the version you mentioned (file downloaded is flashbuilder_burrito_287807.exe), and it does not work with my ColdFusion Builder purchase serial number made 2 weeks ago.   It says the serial number is not valid.  But from what you are saying it should work,  if I understand you correctly.

Please advise.  If you need me to send you my serial number directly, would you please email me directly (per my forum email address) and I will send it to you, or let me know how to contact you another way.

Thanks,

Reto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. My trial of burritto ended, I clicked to purchased, purchased premium for $699, received two serial numbers, none of them work. I even downloaded the installer, went through it - it said a pre-release is installed so installed only the iOS support component - it did acept the second serial number, but when the installer finished, burritto still opens in a trial expired mode, and does not accept the serial number.

I chatted yesterday with support, they confirmed the serial numbers are fine, but could not help. asked me to open a webcase. I did - got no reply.

I must say that for a $699 product, this process is amazingly poor.

any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, did not mean to reply to your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please uninstall the prerelease before you run the new installer which you downloaded?

Actually our prerelease product has expired but it doesn't allow the release installer to install the product until the prerelease product is uninstalled.

So I would suggest to uninstall burrito, install FB using the installer you downloaded / purchased. It would then accept the serial number.

Hope that helps. Please revert in case of any further issues.

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2011 Jul 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you. uninstalling and then installing indeed worked. thanks for the speedy reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deeptika,

Would you please let me know if there is any update on this situation?

Thanks,

Reto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2011 Mar 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deeptika,

I'm running out of time unfortunately.  Can you please see the post I put below yours and respond?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please confirm that you are inputting FB's serial number and not ColdFusion serial number? Have you got 2 serial numbers when you purchased CF Builder (One for CF and one for FB)?

Is the FB you purchased working fine with the serial number that you are trying to enter for Burrito? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Deeptika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Deeptika, I just saw your post -- after posting the solution.  You are correct -- as I indicated in the solution, for some reason when I purchased CFB, I only got a single serial number, not two serial numbers.  Thanks for your help.  Reto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. My trial of burritto ended, I clicked to purchased, purchased premium for $699, received two serial numbers, none of them work. I even downloaded the installer, went through it - it said a pre-release is installed so installed only the iOS support component - it did acept the second serial number, but when the installer finished, burritto still opens in a trial expired mode, and does not accept the serial number.

I chatted yesterday with support, they confirmed the serial numbers are fine, but could not help. asked me to open a webcase. I did - got no reply.

I must say that for a $699 product, this process is amazingly poor.

any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I bought ColdFusion Builder, I only got one serial number for some reason. I thought this serial number would then work in both CFB and FB, since the products are bundled together. That is not the case -- upon investigating with Adobe -- I learned there are individual serial numbers, and they then gave me the second serial number for FB that I never received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines