• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I add an arabic font in Photoshop CS5?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi..I have windows 7, and am using photoshop CS5. I have an arabic font installed in my control panel

thus i can use it in all other programs..except for photoshop. I cant view that arabic font in the photoshop

fonts drop down box. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me! thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

As I wrote, native typing of right to left languages is only available in the ME version of PS.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non-Roman fonts are found by scrolling down towards the end of the font list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

If you do not find your particular font, down at the bottom of the list, it could well be one that PS does not work with, or your font might be corrupt, just enough to keep PS from working with it. PS, AI, InDesign and even more so the Titler in PrPro, are very sensitive to fonts. They must be properly designed with all metrics correct.

If PS will NOT work with that font, you might want to try to locate it from another foundry.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, however there is another arabic font in photoshop, which I can use,

but whenever i use that font, its doesnt come out right..its like the letters are disjointed.

Also i tried to look for the 'Middle Eastern Format" in the "paragraph" section..but the

middle eastern option was not availabe. So the point is I can't write in Arabic in Photoshop!

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me.Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote, native typing of right to left languages is only available in the ME version of PS.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact it may never show up if it is a non-Unicode Arabic font that uses a specific encoding. That would mean it may require the ME version of PS. Hard to tell from your description. If it is just Arabic glyphs designed on top of the normal Western/ Latin encoding, it should show up without issues as should proper Unicode fonts. Be aware, though, that even in the latetr case you won't see the Arabic glyphs in the font preview but only its Latin name and may still have to use otehr apps to type and copy&paste to PS because the character ranges remain inaccessible.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can buy the Middle Eastern version of Photoshop from Winsoft.

You can also get special "Mirror Image" Arabic fonts, whoch you can then type into Photoshop left-to-right, and then use Transform to flip it so it's right-reading. It will still be editable, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines