• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with section numbers when transferring a page to another book

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2006 Jul 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! I'm new to robohelp.. I just created an outline for my topics. My topic titles have section numbers on them. Whenever I find a better way to organize my outline i move some topics to other sections. Problem is, i have to also update the section numbers which is a headache considering i have a very long outline and i overlook a lot of things irf i have to edit them one by one. Is there a way to do this automatically? Like when i drag a page to a new book, the section number would automatically change as well? please help. thanks 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2006 Jul 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

You don't say whether you are using RH for Word or RH HTML. Both are different editors that work in a different way. A hunch tells me it is RH HTML.

Outline numbering is a concept not recognised within the overal project so when you move topics, you have this problem. I don't think I have seen any neat solutions posted.

I am not sure if RH for Word provides any better options so perhaps someone else can chip in on that.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2006 Jul 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
i thought so too. thanks for confirming.. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp