Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TypeError: Error #1085 for dynamic xml created from ASP

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to access an xml file in flash AS3 which is created from server side language (ASP). But unfortunately it throws an error message like

TypeError: Error #1085: The element type "input" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</input>"

But when I open the page in browser it has written the xml nodes perfectly and I can save the xml and use locally from the flash. There is no error at this time.

And intersting thing is I am not using any tag like <input> </input>

xmlLoader.load(new URLRequest('http://search.oracle.com/search/feed?q=%22target%20region%22:%22north%20america%22%20%22start%20date...%20&group=EventsRSS&start=1&search_p_custom_att=start%20date&search_p_custom_att=event%20type&search_p_custom_att=city&num=1000'));

xmlLoader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, LoadXML);
    xmlLoader.addEventListener (ProgressEvent.PROGRESS, loading)
;

If I pass this url in browser it returns a proper xml and I can use it inside the flash. I  don't know what is wrong here.

When I trace the PROGRESS of the xml loading it breaks in between and it returns 0 for e.bytesTotal value.

I am sure the xml is created properly but I am not sure where is the problem. My AS3 code also perfect and it doesn't throws any error.

Please give me a solution on this.That would be highly appreciable.

Thanks in Advance.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your xml needs a wrapper node.  does it have one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a wrapper node in the xml

My xml starts from <channel> and end with </channel> in the browser. Could you please check the xml path in the URLRequest which I provided

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't return xml for me.

copy and paste the xml returned to your complete function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please run this link and click view source you will get the xml node generated. There is a whitespace in the of the xml. I have used ignoreWhitespace=true and that is not the real issue

http://search.oracle.com/search/feed?q="target region":"north america" "start date":>3/12/2011 | &group=EventsRSS&start=1&search_p_custom_att=start date&search_p_custom_att=event type&search_p_custom_att=city&num=1000

This is a huge xml so I cannot paste here fully. That is why I am giving this link. Please check it and let me your comments.

Thank you for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that xml loads fine for me.  did you copy the xml to a local file and test loading that local file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yes the xml is loading fine here and I checked locally and its working fine. But when it run from the server/ generating dynamically I am getting this error. Please help me out

Thnak you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am getting the same problem when you run normal xml it works fine but when you use xml in a php file on server to do the same thing all hell

breaks lose.

TypeError: Error #1085: The element type "param" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</param>".

I hopw some one can assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a little test using the code below, and retrieved the XML without issue... Did you escape the quotes in the request URL?

var u:URLLoader = new URLLoader();
var r:URLRequest = new URLRequest("http://search.oracle.com/search/feed?q=\"target region\":\"north america\" \"start date\":>3/12/2011 | &group=EventsRSS&start=1&search_p_custom_att=start date&search_p_custom_att=event type&search_p_custom_att=city&num=1000");
u.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, done);
u.load(r);

function done(e:Event):void
{
    var a:XML = new XML(e.target.data);
    trace(a);
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I noticed you guys are talking about grabbing the XML and getting it to work. I am having trouble with the same error #1085 in a video that should be displaying, but getting that error. Is there a way to do a FireBug type of in browser edit to get the video to play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines