Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

open error workbench

Level 4

hello i have the problem with the workbench, I can not open this program, they told me that most likely the problem is with Office, creates conflict. How can I fix??

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

On some occasions there is a conflict with Office 2007 and LC Workbench.  Try uninstalling the Groove 2007 component from Office.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

On some occasions there is a conflict with Office 2007 and LC Workbench.  Try uninstalling the Groove 2007 component from Office.

Level 2

My Workbench just recently stopped working. Every time I try to open it I get a "Could not create the Java virtual machine" popup error.

I have Office 2007 on my machine and Workbench had been working fine with Office 2207 up until now. I do not have Groove 2007 in my Office 2007 suite.

I cannot uninstall or reinstall Workbench because it gives me the same "Could not create..." error.

Is there anything else I can try?

Level 8

You say "recently stopped working",what happened that caused it to stop?  Given the other things you mention, was there a change to the Java running on that client?

Level 2

I don't know what could have caused this. I have not updated the Java running on my machine.

I have recently installed Flash Builder 4 for Flex development, but that's about it.

Level 8

Flash Builder shouln't have caused any problem - I've got several versions of FB and Workbench running on my client.

It does look like a java issue however.  A quick fix may be to re-install Java 1.6 32 bit to the client.  Also make sure the JAVA_HOME points to the 1.6 32 bit version and that it is in the PATH as well.