• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many authorizations...Activation issue?

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to read my textbooks that I downloaded. I have been able to read them but each time I open up the digital edition from the same computer with the same account I am put through the setup assistant. Now I am told that I have too many authorizations. Here is a screen shot of the error message I receive:

Screen shot 2011-03-07 at 3.37.42 PM.png

Here is a zoomed in shot on the message:

Screen shot 2011-03-07 at 3.42.08 PM.png

How can I rectify this? I need to open these books for school. Has anyone else had this issue or know of solutions?

Thank you.

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to know the answer to that, I have the same problem, I hope Adobe reads the forum info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

I have been trying to fix the issue for 2 days. I deauthorized, deactivated, etc which is what the FAQ suggest. Don't try it, it makes matters worse.

Try calling 1-888-415-5177 maybe they can help. Be prepard to wait 30 min or more. I finally hung up after 30 min....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by 'deactivated', you mean you uninstalled ADE on a Windows machine, make

SURE you empty the Trash, because ADE will find the old files and reactivate

them, thus defeating the purpose.

Hope this helps!

===========

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, your activation count have reached the limit. You can deactivate from any one of the computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmm, not read carefully enough. The op has been using ADE on one computer only: how is he going to deactivate a programme he now cannot use with his account? Since yesterday I've been getting this message as well (ADE on only two computers). I doubt this is something that can be solved on a forum. The short-term solution is to reset the user's number of available registrations; only Adobe can do that. The long-term solution will entail finding out why the computer is not reading or saving the file that tells Adobe that it is authorized to run the software. There might be various reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can contact Adobe and they will help you with the issue. Adobe got a chat option apart from Phone and email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem but can't find the phone number to call, except of course one that says $39 for support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be better to try the Adobe support portal at www.adobe.com/go/supportportal. I sent them a message that way and they have now reset the number of my authorizations so I can use ADE again. Solves the problem for a while, at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem and after many frustating attempts to solve it myself, I managed to get ADE to reset my activation count and it was fine for a while then did the same all over again. After two or three resets everything has been working OK. Get hold of them either on the phone or a chat line. GOOD LUCK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chat works sometimes depending upon who you get.

Phone works even less frequently (again depending upon who you get).

This is unfortunately expeceted, as the only official method for getting support for ADE is to use the Web Portal.  The link above is fine or you can use http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions and client 'Submit a web case'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines