• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing topics that have Dropdown Hotspots

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2006 Jul 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work from home at times and in the office at other times. When I create a topic at home, I create it on my hard drive and then download to a network drive. When I am back in the office I just import the topic I've created at home into the "master" Help document, then copy the "master" WebHelp to a network drive so that I can create the context sensitive Help for our in-house application (via a network). This process works great except with topics that have dropdown hotspot text and graphics. When I import, the user can see what I've created on the application, but I cannot view it or modify it in WYSIWYG. I can view the dropdown text using the previewer, but, again, I cannot see it or modify it in WYSIWYG. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any advice. Lisa in Roswell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2006 Jul 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read this as the project is on a network drive while you are working on it rather than you are generating the output from you hard disk to a network drive.

I don't recall seeing this particular issue but the forum is littered with problems caused by working on a project that is on a network. Try moving the project onto your office hard disk. Personally if I am working at home, I just zip it all up onto a memory stick, copy that to my home disk to work and then reverse the process.

The other possibility might be has the file been copied to the network as read only?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2006 Jul 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I didn't explain the situation as well as I could have - and that's what I do for a living! :-)

I don't actually use RoboHelp over the network. I create and modify the topics on my hard drives -work and home. I just copy the Web Help to the network so that I can call the context sensitive Help pages from the network drive.

Of course, I can just create the topic at home without creating the Drop Down hotspots and then copy the text to the Drop Down Hotspots in the office. It's just that that method creates an extra step. I've used the stick as well, but I'm just so afraid that I'm going to overwrite something that shouldn't be. You have to be very vigilant about copying everything from the office every day and vice versa (and I'm not always vigilant about the copying). Anyway, I was just wondering if there is some way to make these hotspots import so that I can view and modify them in the office. Thanks again. Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2006 Jul 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't follow why you are having this problem as everything to do with the dropdown is in the topic. Can you see it if you look using the true code view?

We are talking about X5 RH HTML here I assume? Same patches?

On the memory stick bit, I zip up the work project, unzip it at home and do my editing. Then reverse the process giving the "old" office folder it a slightly different name first so that it is there as a backup. No danger of wrongly copying or overwriting anything that way.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2006 Jul 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes, I'm using RH X5.0.2. And, I can view the text in True Code. I can also see it in the application to which the Help page is mapped. I just can't see it in WYSIWYG. So if I can't see it... I can't modify it. I tried right clicking on the topic and clicking Text Popup Properties, but all I get is that blank Text Popup Editor. I feel like it's just something dumb that I'm doing or not doing, but I just can't think of anything else to do. It's really strange. Thanks for sticking with this situation and trying to figure it out. Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pop the topic and your style sheet into a zip file and email it to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else who hits the same issue, the problem was simply that Lisa had imported the output file instead of the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I knew it was something "dumb" that I was either doing or not doing. So glad you figured it out. Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp