• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf file

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2006 Jul 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CFMX6.1 and does it have a feature to generate any voucher or order form to a pdf file and save into my computer?
currently, i already created a form using coldfusion and want to convert to a pdf file and then save into my computer, so I can send them via email. I prefer pdf instead of word document since pdf will lock the content of the form.
Please advise me. Thank you.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF generation is supported in CFMX 7. If you cannot upgrade try a third party tool sucj as ActivePDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HandersonVA wrote:
> I am using CFMX6.1 and does it have a feature to generate any voucher or order
> form to a pdf file and save into my computer?

no but you can fairly easily use itext to handle this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right!!! I totally forgot about Itext and I am using it!!!.... Definitely check out iText thats actually what Adobe uses in CFMX 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2006 Sep 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well, iText is great but the version that comes with CFMX7 doesn't work for us. With cfmx6.1 we had uploaded the itext.jar library files and everything was working just fine. The cfmx7 itext file just won't pass form values anymore. We also tried to use the update feature in cf7 admin in order to upload the working itext file that we used with cfmx6.1 but to no avail. We are using the following tag for it:

http://www.reactivevision.com/coldPDF.txt

Although the top comments in the tag mention something about
<!-- If on ColdFusion 7 -->
http://blog.internetdatabases.com/?p=7

the recompiled version on the above page seems older than the itext version that ships with cfmx7.

has anyone run into similar issues?
Thanks
Emmanuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation