Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Open project was cancelled" Error Message

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2006 Jul 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open any RoboHelp X5 projects, I receive the following error:

Open project was cancelled or the application was unable to load database for "C:\Documents and Settings\jdoe\Desktop\Project_Name\Project_Name.cpd"

The only change I've made recently that may have affected RoboHelp is that I installed SQL Server last month... maybe it messed up the database configuration.

I've done the following and have run out of ideas:
* Disabled SQL Server
* Uninstalled SQL Server
* Deleted the .cpd file for a project
* Attempted to open a project using the .hhp file
* Uninstalled and reinstalled RoboHelp

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know some great bars! Far more fun than fixing this but I guess you have to.

Was RH reinstalled with your logon (the one you are using now) and did that have admin rights attached. If it was installed by an IT person with their logon, start again.

Try trashing the CPD and the XPJ.

Try creating a new project, saving it and reopening it. If that works, also create a printed output from it.

There are topics on my site about installing RH and opening corrupt projects.

Let us know how that all goes.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I installed it on my login and I have admin rights.

When I delete the .cpd and .xpj and then open the .hhp, I get the following message: Unable to create database. Check that the directory is not read-only.

When I create a new project, it closes RoboHelp. It creates the new project directory, but the directory only contains the !SkinSubFolder! directory and a few files (e.g., .css, .cpd, .glo, .hpr, .ppf, .syn). It doesn't contain the .xpj.

If I don't get this figured out, I may have to visit a bar. =)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are I believe fairly typical signs of not having installed RH with the correct admin rights.

Are you home alone so to speak or working in a corporate environment. If the latter get the rights checked out.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm in a corporate environment, and I'm pretty positive that the admin rights are correct. Just in case, how would I double-check that?

Is there anything else that I can check??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's something your IT people will check for you. This really does sound as if you do not have full admin rights over your PC.

If they argue about you having such rights, point them to the topic on my site. The explanation there usually satisfies them. If they want to play real awkward, just let your manager know you cannot do your job, that usually works. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp