Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

javascript errors in Netscape style sheet

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2006 Jun 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How can I remove Javascript errors in Firefox? There are several distinct kinds:

Error: Unknown property 'x-text-underline'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: file:///C:/Working/2%20Generated%20Help/SMC%20Admin/lc_ns.css
Line: 49

Error: Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'. Declaration dropped.
Line: 103

Error: Expected end of value for property but found 'none'. Error in parsing value for property 'text-decoration'. Declaration dropped.
Line: 108

Error: Unknown property 'mso-fareast-font-family'. Declaration dropped.
Line: 153

Error: Unknown property 'x-next-type'. Declaration dropped.
Line: 188

(lc.css is the name of our style sheet.) This is not the complete list. The ehlpdhtm.js file has been checked into Baggage.

I think the problem exists with the Netscape Style Sheet that RoboHelp generates at compile time. Is there an updated version available?

-- David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2006 Jul 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, this problem is not widespread, based on the lack of responses. Which means that the problem is likely in my help project somewhere, but I don't know where to look.

Does anyone have a clue as to where I might begin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2006 Jul 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
When RH generates the webhelp output it uses your css file and creates a variant of it for Netscape. It writes into that what it needs to so as to make your output look as close as it can in Mozilla browsers as it does in IE.

It follows that there is no update version because the file is unique to every project and is based on the stylesheet used.

This sounds very much like the style sheet you have for IE (lc.css) contains some "errors" that IE will tolerate but Netscape will not.

First of all, take a copy of your project and play around with the copy until you get things right.

Select all the topics listed in the Topic tab and apply one of the supplied style sheets. The topics will look rubbish but that does not matter here. Generate a new output and see if you get the errors. If you do not, it confirms what I have outlined.

Then you just need to track it down.

Open the lc_ns.css file and look at those line numbers for the clue.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp