• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Build Tags Bug

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several problems with RoboHelp9. I am using Windows7 and 64bit. This is the one causing the most trouble.

Conditional build tags apply themselves unwanted and unassigned.

The deletion of conditional build tags at the topic properties tag (right side window) does not work.

I have to repeatedly go back and forth to the dialog and keep selecting and deleting.

Some of the conditional build tags go clear, most don't.

I go into the topic directly in the wysiwyg view and manually try to select and delete them, and they delete only with difficulty.

After running through a long topic and using every method available to clear conditional build tags, I saved the project, then went in to manually apply cbtags, of which I am only using two.

After applying them, and switching to the html window to adjust image sizes manually (because thru the wysiwyg interface the process takes too long), I find that the conditional build tag I applied to several tables and texts at the top of my topic have now applied themselves unasked to a number of the texts and even tables which I had cleared of all cbtags.

I have just about had it with this program.

This is only one of the many problems and bugs I have found and been trying to work around.

I suppose that the solution to my problem is to not use conditional build tags at all, but I am working with about five years' worth of legacy technical documents that have all been upgraded to RH9 and as I am looking at them to make the standard revisions, I am noticing this phenomenon of wrongly applied cbtags in other projects.

I would rate this as a bug of very high and critical importance.

Has anyone seen this under the consitions stated? (RH9, upgraded RH7 projects, Windows7, 64bit).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reported this to Adobe? Can you reproduce it with the sample projects included in RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the sticky topics on the forum home page. There is a link to a TechNote with a fix.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I am not seeing anything at the forum home page that addresses this issue. If you know of the exact location of the technote fix, can you kindly give me the exact link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I should have said see the Announcements.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp/robohelp_general_discussion

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp