Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion admin api via web services?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2008 Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I'm looking ti access the coldfusion admin api using web services, but not from coldfusion so I cant use the normal createObject("component","cfide.adminapi.administrator").login("admin"); I've tried using SOAP to request the login method at http://mydomain.com/cfide/adminapi/administrator.cfc?wsdl but the request fails as coldfusion returns the login dialog (as it does if you try to access the WSDL from a browser.

Does anyone know if it's possible to login and access the CFIDE through standard SOAP calls rather than just through coldfusion and how I might go about it.

Thanks in advance,

Tom
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2008 Mar 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't invoke such admin components as a web service. Even if you could it wouldn't work.

You can only call a method in a component as a webservice if its access is remote. However, the methods of the system components /cfide/adminapi/administrator.cfc, /cfide/adminapi/datasource.cfc, etc. have either public or package access. Verify this by running, for example,

<cfscript>
adminObj = createObject("component","cfide.adminapi.administrator");
adminObj.login("your_admin_password");
</cfscript>
<cfdump var="#adminObj#">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2008 Mar 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for pointing that out - I should have noticed the WSDL file didn't have any methods available before posting here.

Cheers,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2008 Mar 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 18, 2008 Mar 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

Have a try with this "CFADMIN Web Service API" opensource project available at riaforge!.

http://cfadminwsapi.riaforge.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation