Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7 - How can I get .swf movies to work inside CHM output on Windows 7

Enthusiast ,
Mar 12, 2011 Mar 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RHelpers,

I'm using RoboHelp Html (RH 7, latest patch) on my Win 7 64-bit machine to provide a HtmlHelp (CHM) output.

Now that we're close to releasing, I've been doing some testing, and I've noticed that my SWF movie files do not play inside of Windows 7 when viewing them inside of the CHM file. It keeps asking to install the Adobe Flash Player. But I've already clicked Yes several times to that message, and it still doesn't play the file. I've even manually downloaded and installed it as an administrator, restarted my system and still no go. It just shows a red X in the container where the movie should be playing.

However, viewing the same topic inside of RH's preview window (or inside a browser) seems to work fine. Also, I've copied and pasted the problem CHM onto a virtual machine running 32-bit Vista, and the movies display fine there. This tells me it's something to do with how how compiled files are handled in 64-bit environments.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 12, 2011 Mar 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see the answer here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/781427?tstart=2

Also I verified that our software does use the 32-bit hh.exe so I'm only seeing this when running the help by itself, outside of our software. That's good news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp