Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboLinker

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2006 Jul 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I was scouting around in the RoboHelp help files and came across RoboLinker. I have never heard of this before. From what I read, it says I can create context sensitive help without developer input. This would be great for me since my developers are in western Ukraine and our comm lines are not the best. I've found a few bits of information on RoboLinker online, but I would like to ask any of the RoboHelp power users about this app. Has anyone used it, is it still available, is it worth it, does it help the help??? Any input would be appreciated.

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

RoboLinker is (was) a product that never really took off. AFAIK, it was discontinued long ago. I believe one such "replacement", if you will, is a product called "LinkIt.

You can see more about LinkIt by clicking this way cool and super handy link!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks, I found LinkIt only seconds before I looked back at the message board. But I did click your way cool and super handy link out of gratitude for your response.

Thanks,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2006 Jul 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Jeff,

I don't know anything about RoboLinker or LinkIt but I do create context sensitive help without developer input. My developer is not in western Ukraine but right here in the same building but we never discuss CSH.

The trick, such as it is, is to generate the .hh file using RoboHelp's BugHunter or HelpWorkshop and WordPad. We do this during product testing. It is a manual (i.e. tedious) process. With only a few hundred help links it works for us but we create software that needs to go through rigorous validation so we have the time to do it.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp